What do you rate?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fenderbass1214, Jan 6, 2003.

1. fenderbass1214

fenderbass1214 Guest

Oct 29, 2002
    What do you rate me. (Skill Level). I can play almost all of the green day songs. I know the g maj. thing. I have made up about 20 different riffs that are all played fast not just power chords. I cn play with a pic (cant everyone) and I can play the fingerstyle. What do you say? I've been playing for about 6 months. I am just wondering if I am on the right track.:eek:
  2. I'd say you're on the the right track. Learn other things then Green Day. Try Tom Sawyer, that will teach you some things.
  3. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    6 months? and you can't 2 hand tap 16th notes at 120 bpm? You can't double thump at the same time? No solo CDs yet? jeez you must not practice at all!! ;)

I been playing about one and a half years now. I can also play pretty much every blink song and most greenday songs I care to play (who can't after this long of playing?). I have written 5 or 6 songs for my band (guitar 1 and 2, bass, and drum parts). I play fingerstyle mostly, and some pick when I feel like it. It sounds like you are getting there. It might be about time to start branching out into more styles of music and playing. Work on some theory, learn some scales, modes, arpeggios, etc. That is where I am at right now, mainly concentrating on my technique and on learning theory. I still write songs and stuff, but I no longer learn new covers oranything because I know all of those I need to. It sounds to me like you are doing good. Just keep on bassin'!
  4. fenderbass1214

fenderbass1214 Guest

Oct 29, 2002
    I left this part out-I have came up with the 6 songs for my band...And the guitar part for it to. Cause im a teenager and our guitarist sucks. So i tell him wut to do. And I've came up with the solos and all.:oops:
  5. cheeseman

Feb 3, 2002
    Austin, TX
    What g maj. thing? :confused:
  6. sounds like you're doing good bro. i dunno if i could do that stuff at six months. everything before yesterday is a bit fuzzy for me:p

(edit: this should probably be in misc.:it's music related..oh well;) )
  7. DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    i've been playing for 3 years and I think your on a better track than me :eek:

Keep going at it man!! :D
  8. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    You sold me.