1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What do you recommand?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SansFret, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Hi,
    I just found this forum and man, am I happy to have found you guys!! I've been reading through your postings for the last hours and it is very helpfull.
    I searched for the information I need but could not find it specifically, so here is my request. I own a Godin Acoustibass. It has been my main instrument for the past few years and it actually drove me away from bass playing for a while. It is simply to neck heavy for me and does not fit with the kind of music I am playing anymore. But still, I recognise the overall quality of the instrument. It is a very well made bass, great crafting from my fellow Quebecers!!
    I am now shopping for an electric instrument. I want to buy something in the 1000$ - 1250$ (CAN $) price range and of similar quality to what I already own.

If I had money, I would buy a Standard Corvette or a Stingray. Since money is an issue, I considere a Rockbass, a SUB or an Ibanez.

What would you recommand?
    Thanks in advance,

David G.

2. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    you could buy a new Rickenbacker 4003 for about that price. rics are really sturdy and built like a tank. my 4001 weighs as much as a tank also... if you are looking for something like the godin there is the rick turner basses. they are quite nice.
    then theres always a Fender Jazz or precision bass.