Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What do you recommand?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SansFret, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Hi,
    I just found this forum and man, am I happy to have found you guys!! I've been reading through your postings for the last hours and it is very helpfull.
    I searched for the information I need but could not find it specifically, so here is my request. I own a Godin Acoustibass. It has been my main instrument for the past few years and it actually drove me away from bass playing for a while. It is simply to neck heavy for me and does not fit with the kind of music I am playing anymore. But still, I recognise the overall quality of the instrument. It is a very well made bass, great crafting from my fellow Quebecers!!
    I am now shopping for an electric instrument. I want to buy something in the 1000$ - 1250$ (CAN $) price range and of similar quality to what I already own.

If I had money, I would buy a Standard Corvette or a Stingray. Since money is an issue, I considere a Rockbass, a SUB or an Ibanez.

What would you recommand?
    Thanks in advance,

David G.

2. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    you could buy a new Rickenbacker 4003 for about that price. rics are really sturdy and built like a tank. my 4001 weighs as much as a tank also... if you are looking for something like the godin there is the rick turner basses. they are quite nice.
    then theres always a Fender Jazz or precision bass.