What do you think about my freaky Jaco sample?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by De Teng, Jan 17, 2005.

1. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    There was a 'contest' (just for fun) on another forum, where a guy thought of a theme or something...which was:

'Imagine... the band is already two hours' late, you know they are coming within a few minutes, but you HAVE to play something as the bassplayer of the band, because otherwise the audience is definitely leaving!'

Have fun while listening...!!!

Chain: Skyline 55.02 > EBS Unichorus > Akai Headrush > Soundcard. Added a little compression and reverb with Cubase.

Cheers... from Holland... (No...not cheese... cheers! :smug: )

Keeping the Audience

Excuses for the noise and stuff on the mp3, it's from the soundcard, which is next to the networkcard which is wireless. It gives a bit noise, but don't bother about it.
  2. Nice playing and great tone. Just watch out for the buzzing, fret noises. Concentrate on playing as cleanly as possible.

But I shouldn't be saying that, because that's one of my problems, too. :)
  3. I enjoyed that. Were you playing with the coil split on the bridge humbucker on the 55-02?
  4. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Geoffkhan, you're right. I was improvising while I wrote the theme.. then just took the plunge with the recording button. :smug:

I played it with the single coil mode... pretty good tone as I listen it back. A pity of the noise, but it's not a major problem... won't be selling this one.

Thanks anyway for your comments. :hyper:

(I'm glad I took the step of going to bass instead of my guitar... which I sold... but bought a nice bass for it. :smug: )
  5. Kevjmyers

Dec 10, 2004
    Boulder. CO
    That was sweet...enjoyed it.
  6. A buddy of mine and I are sitting here listening to this. We're both huge Jaco admirers, I play bass he plays guitar. And I can't say enough about how great this is. Good job man.
  7. fallon

Jul 6, 2003
    Nice man.Very relaxing and unassuming,dignified and classy.
  8. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Wow... thanks people... it's a good thing that people like it a lot, it's a big compliment to me, thanks again. :)