What do you think about one of these as a pet.....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan

Although I am deathy afraid of just the little ones, these are just too cool. They can get over a a foot long. I saw some thing on Animal planet about giant Centipedes, and man are these things mean creatures. They move really fast and they seem to be very agressive. The camera guy was almost running from it. Anyways i'm thinking of asking a pet store to order one for me mabey. I might be freaked out having one of these though, I mean what if it got loose?
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Looks nice and cuddly.
  3. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I have always found the most suitable pets to be the ones you have to be deathly afraid of if they ever get loose. Why stop at a giant centipede? I'm thinking a Polar Bear would be a truely wonderful pet.
  4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Why the hell would you want a giant bug as a pet? -that thing will get loose and crawl up your ass, mark my words.

I would never have one of those things anywhere near my house.
  5. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    See! I almost kicked in my monitor!
  6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
  7. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Sorry, I definitely prefer that kind of pet :
  8. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    Is that a Pet or a shot from the set of the villan in the next Godzilla sequel? I agree with Blisshead, that thing's going to invade your body in the night and lay eggs. Next thing you know a head with titanium teeth is going to be staring at you from the hole in your sternum.
  9. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    just get a dog!
  10. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!

11. THAT was funny. Blisshead prophesizing! (I'm SURE I spelled that wrong)
  12. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004

What do I think? I think you're nuts.

If you must...

I like this bit best...

This is the species you're talking about...

"...a weird fascination on the morbid appetites of the hysterical and insane" sounds about right to me :eek:

13. metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    A pet? HELL ******* NO.

Something to look at in a zoo. Yes.

One cool thing about those nasties though, they can tottally kill a large tarantula. If you want a pet that is somewhat risky/bad ass and still handible, get a small/medium snake.
  14. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    If you do, just be carefull, they ARE poisonous. In fact, it may require a license to own one. I know a license is required for poisonous snakes anyhow.
  15. unless you have a long history of ownership of similar creatures, getting a poisonous variant is a severely bad idea. that is why my gerbil and anole are 100% poison-free!

16. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

i hope your'e kidding ...
    these things are fairly common around here , in fact , i killed one that was crawling across the kitchen floor just last month ...
    i don't like bugs that can hurt . certain spiders , scorpions ... i kill 'em as soon as i find them . nasty critters !
  17. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    *** is wrong w/ a dog, or cat? Geezus...
  18. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    If he's like me its probably because he doesnt have room or money for one.

I cant keep something like that in my dorm and the price of feeding a tarantula is zilch. I imagine its about the same for one of those deadly buggers.

My medical bill would be smaller with one of the tarantulas I posted though.
  19. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    You could always get a nice goldfish. --that would not invade your ass in the middle of the night.
  20. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay