Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What do you think about the Rockstar Warwick?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FiveStringsNme, Sep 28, 2002.

1. Yea people,I tried this Warwick Rockstar that goes for $530..made in China.......and it was surprising....

I was just wondering what you guys thought of it,as well.

2. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    I just purchased one on a whim, and I really like it. I am not too keen on the tight string spacing, but I got it for $415!!!

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    That's funny that you should call the Rockbass the "Rockstar." The Warwick marketing machine at work.

It's as if they are hoping that by giving it that goofy name "rockbass" and writing "Rockbass" real big on the headstock then you will subliminely start to think "Yeah, I'm a rock star if I play THAT bass!" ;)

Ok, I don't really think all that...but I do think it's pretty cheesy to write "Rockbass" real big on that. Ok, I'm out...time to go "rock" with my "rocker" friends. Rock on!

brad cook

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I played ine yesterday @ Sam ash & they were VERY NICE sounding. I was amazed at how good the MEC's sounded on an ash body & maple/rosewood neck. Personally I like it better than any "Real" Warwich I've ever tried in any price range.

The only thing I didn't like about the bass was the neck was FAT!!!!!

5. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    yeah, they sound more traditional then the hardwood warwicks but still VERY nice. i'd put the tone somewhere in between a jazz bass and a warwick.

and i believe they use the same dimensions as the "real" warwicks for the necks, so yeah it's gonna be fat! :p