Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what do you think about this bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by McL, Jun 1, 2005.

1. McL

McL

Jun 1, 2005
    Israel
  2. 43apples

43apples Guest

Nov 9, 2003
    You really should try before you buy though ;)

3. McL

McL

Jun 1, 2005
    Israel
    i will try , but i really not good in this , becouse i played only on one yamaha bass... and i don't know how the sound should be

4. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    A little hint: if you fill out your profile more completely, people can give better advice based on knowing where you live, what styles of music you're into, and other important facts.

I'd take a pass on the Ibanez. Low-end gear has made tremendous strides in the past 10-15 years, so the point where even a $100 Essex is a much better "beginner bass" than the 13-year-old Ibanez. And if you can up your price even a little bit, the are the occasional blowouts of discontinued gear that can be light-years ahead of what you'd be getting - the most recent $229 Yamaha that sold for far more originally that was a instrument of beauty comes to mind first.

5. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Does it comes with the kid too??????

6. In the mail-order catalog of germanies second biggest musicstore the had "drums without cymbals or kids" printed under a drum-set.

7. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    I think if the neck is straight and there are no issues with the bass (electronic, construction) and it feels comfortable then you have a decent find that will last you several years at the very least. :cool: I am not a fan of many low end basses today and the only one that could match that price point is SX.

8. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    hahaha.

9. McL

McL

Jun 1, 2005
    Israel
    what do you mean ?
    made tremendous strides in ??
    i can get cupid or lotus or yamaha rbx250
    or squier affinity p bass (passive i think)