What do You think about this Hartke configuration???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MateuszCh, Jan 26, 2006.

1. What do You think about this Hartke configuration???

Hartke 3000 + 115BXL + 2.5XL

Did anyone played with this configuration?
    How do You think aren`t the cabinets configuration (115BXL + 2.5XL) too small for this amp (Hartke 3000) ? Will it work fine??

Thanks for help

You can see technical stuff here if it would be helpfull to You http://www.totalsonic.nl/HTML/hartke/index_ENG.html
  2. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    PM received. I thought I'd answer here to get your discussion going a bit, okay?

Both these are good cabs (I assume you know I have both, as you sent the PM), well made, no reliability problems so far and the sound is great if you like the Hartke aluminium driver tone, very upfront with a lot of presence, attack and clarity.

The 2.5xl I often use on its own for smaller gigs with my 3000 head and it sounds great, but the 115xl does add that extra bottom end that you get with a 15" driver. That said, whenever I use the two it's with my 5000 head rather than the 3000. Thinking about it though, the 5000 head is two channel, meaning each channel will "see" an 8 ohm load and so only be pushing about 180W to each cab, and this is enough! ;) With the single channel 3000 running both cabs, the amp will "see" a 4 ohm load and so each cab will get 150-170W (depending on where you look up the 3000's specs) and so it shouldn't be underpowered. The cabs are both rated 200W. Depends how loud you want to go - I think a bit more headroom wouldn't hurt, maybe go for the 4000 head if you can find one. But the 3000 head would probably be okay if you're not going to be wanting it stupidly loud.

I'd say try it if you can - any chance of doing that where you are?

3. Thanks for help

In my location this is very hard to try because it`s very rarely to find this full set in any music shop here.
  4. bugbass

Apr 8, 2004
    This setup will sound fine, but it would be nice with a bit more power.
    Like a HA4000 or HA7000
  5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I'm a fan of the 3500...I think it's a great mid-powered head. I wouldn't worry about the cabs not being enough for the head, I think they're a good match in terms of power handling. I play through the same rig on occasion for practice (my keyboard player has this as a rig in his home studio). I personally prefer to use a Hartke head with different cabs, but the XL series are the best sounding of Hartke cabs.