Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What do you think about this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Wattoosi, Nov 3, 2005.

1. I found this "great deal" on a used MIM Fender bass on Ebay. I ask the guy some questions before bidding, etc., seems good. So, I get it, and the guy totally removes the neck from body to ship it, this is what he tells me: "You won't have any trouble putting it back together -- I didn' thave a big enough box."

So, I hasn't arrived yet, so don't know what to think about this.

2. Search around; there was a recent thread I saw about just that. Whether or not it was okay to remove the neck first to ship it. I think it turned out that it was okay. I can't find the thread, yet, but if I do, I'll let you know. ;)

3. Okay, I'm not the best at getting "links", but try this. This was the thread I was talking about. Hope it works. :D

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207242&highlight=remove+neck+shipping

4. Don't sweat it...I'm going to have my brother in PA send one of my basses to me this way...

5. k, yeah i did find the thread. well, since it's a factory bass, i felt no prob, it's just the guy just "did it' w/o communicating. i knew i'd have to set it up and all that, install new strings ,etc (more posts coming!) but there was a part of me wonding if the postman was going to deliver some pretty kindling :)

6. Yeah. It would have been nice to be told ahead of time of his method of shipping it meant "field-stripping" it. :scowl:

At least it's do-able and shouldn't be too tough to put back on. ;)

7. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Not that big a deal, really. Of course, I'd always rather the neck be shipped on, cause I'm lazy and it's easier. But, still, not a big thing.

8. yeah, it's interesting, i think for the next upgrade whenever i get the $$ to do it, I will be asking ahead of time, in more detail...

9. I got lucky and found my next "upgrade" at GC, setup included. Should be in the store next Monday. Can't wait!

I know it's a pain shipping stuff. My last bass came from Ebay and I waited probably an extra 1 1/2 weeks because the guy couldn't figure out the best way to ship it. When he finally did, it cost him a little more because of "oversize", but they still took it. Luckily it was in a hard case and wrapped to excess! Showed up "mint"! Good luck! :)

10. unity bass

unity bass

Dec 15, 2003
    Modesto, Ca.
    +1