What do you think about watching your sister give birth?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by paste, Aug 14, 2013.

1. paste

paste

Oct 3, 2011
    Michigan
    Could you or would you watch your own sister give birth to a child? What about stay in the same room for "support" (whatever that means).

2. My first question would be: where is the father of the baby?? And if he's scarce, I'd rather the father of the mother-to-be do the honors, but if there's no one else and you don't mind some folks looking at you a little wierd (potentially) or she specifically called you out...if you are cool with it and aren't likely to faint.

Peace,
    Greg

3. electracoyote

electracoyote Supporting Member

Um, no.

4. Nope.

lowsound

5. MegaSwing

MegaSwing Your Obedient Bassist® Gold Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2002
    Baltimore, MD USA
    More than a little weird. Depends on the circumstances, maybe.

6. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    No thanks. There's absolutely no compelling reason that would require me to do that. Good luck though, sis! If you need my assistance for anything between the time you're finished spewing the kid out and the time it's 18, I'm on board! :)

7. paste

paste

Oct 3, 2011
    Michigan
    The original discussion came up when a co-worker told me that his sister gave birth the other day and the "baby daddy" was away in Afghanistan and he was the only one around to give her "support".

8. At their age...would be a media sensation!!

9. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Inactive

Jan 20, 2011
    That's sweet. When it comes down to it it's not that terrible considering the alternative--she's alone. And, he could've been north of the belly & still helpful, where most daddies /supporters hang out. Like takin you're kid sister to the dentist. Just don't look at the treasure.

10. nortonrider

nortonrider

Nov 20, 2007
    Nope!

11. bass12

bass12 Blistering barnacles! Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    Sure, why not. I'm glad I don't have a sister though. :D

12. ChubbyJerk

ChubbyJerk Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Stay near her head and I see nothing weird about it. Seriously, I don't think I saw my wife's "private bits" once when either of our kids were born (or for months after :( ). There's "weird" or uncomfortable stuff, but nothing that would make it "inappropriate" for a sibling to be there.

Women NEED support for this. If you're the closest she has available you'd be a dick to refuse.

13. sarsippius787

sarsippius787 Say it right! Say it with pleasure!

Jul 10, 2013
    Puerto Rico
    "Watching your sister give birth" sounds strong. I'd say "support" your sister. If there's no one else to support, then do it. Might be a good story in the future. We all come to this world the same way.

My son turns 2 this Friday. It was a great experience! It's a yes for me.

14. Sure why not? Childbirth is a wonderful natural thing! After 3 kids 2 of them being planned home births with a midwife I can tell you there is nothing sexual about it.

15. bass12

bass12 Blistering barnacles! Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    I honestly don't know why adults are so freaked out by the idea of seeing other people's genitals. I'm assuming most men here have seen a vulva. Your sister's isn't much different, I promise.

16. paste

paste

Oct 3, 2011
    Michigan
    Yes, I bet its not so different but its the fact that its your OWN sisters that makes it icky for most guys, me thinks. In America there is quite a strong social taboo with most genitalia, let alone your own sisters. Besides, like most people mentioned you don't haved to be staring at it in order to be there for her.

17. bassinplace

bassinplace

Dec 1, 2008
    Not my kid, not my responsibility. I'm no midwife nor do I choose to be. Outside of her having the kid before she reaches the hospital, it would hardly make me a dick.

18. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    I think you shouldn't forget to bring popcorn. The prices at the hospital snack counter are ridiculous.

19. StyleOverShow

StyleOverShow Still Playing After All These Years Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2008
    Eugene
    Powerful experience, scary for first time mom. Weird because the portal.
    Once had dinner with couple, best friend of my date, and watched birth film of newborn before dessert. That was weird.

20. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    So you wouldn't have any problem giving your mom a bikini wax? :bag:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021