1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What do you think? Color opinion needed.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SRT80, Mar 2, 2008.

1. I've got this pickguard and neck I haven't used yet. I was wantin' to get opinions on a body color. I'm thinkin' maybe a vintage white like the Squier VM PBass. But the Fiesta red 57 PBass would be sick....I think. This pickguard isn't pink like the picture looks. It is actually about the same red as the pic of the 57 body. But they end up goin' for $200+ on ebay. At least with the Squier, I will have a loaded body and I could get descent money for the neck and pickguard. Plus if I wait when Musiciansfriend does their 12 month no interest on $200 and up purchases (they do this every now and then), I'm only lookin' at around $21 a month. That's nothin'. Can't deal with the SX vintage white. I had a vintage white jazz and it had a greenish/yellowish color to it. I didn't like it all. Any thoughts?

futureproject.

1b98_1.

Steve

2. HELLonWHEELS

HELLonWHEELS Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2005
    Houston
    Go with the squier. It's a good bass. I wouldn't recommend buying online. Squiers in my book are still hit or miss in terms of quality control.

3. yugo

yugo

Mar 28, 2006
    sea foam green

4. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    Maybe black? Black/red and especially black/pink are REAL 50's retro. OOH OOH! How about charcoal gray?

5. You know what. When I pick up my Black P-Bass tomorrow from The Low End...

bass1-2.

I'm gonna slap this guard on it. Black wasn't a option because I already had the pearloid guard on. But I wanna get this girl out of my parts box and on somethin'!!!

Thanks for the ideas.

Steve