1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What do you think Death feels like ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jul 24, 2007.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

What do you think Death feels like ? I would say it can be alot like going into shock.

2. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Absolute nothingness.

3. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Banned

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    matters how you die, physically and mentally. Mentally you could die excepting it or in vein. Physically can be short and nice or long and painful.

4. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    It feels like a tall skinny guy wearing a black cape. Imagine closing your eyes and touching Rick Wakeman. That's what Death feels like.

5. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    fear, shock, dread, followed by the same feeling you get when you step out of work and into a beautiful sunny day and no longer have to worry about a damn thing :)

6. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    peacefull

7. I imagine if one is concious then it would be an uncontrollable and suffocating feeling of losing control.

8. deadly

but on a funnier note

your Mom!

sorry it was corny i know

9. cash87

cash87

Jun 26, 2006
    Louisville Ky
    Falling asleep forever.

10. It probably feels like arguing with Morph or Brad :p

11. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    when my mom died of cancer, she was in a medically induced coma as a result of the incredible amounts of pain she was in. when she died, she woke up for about a minute, looked at all of us and then finally looked at me. her last words were "david" and then she died. i dont know what she was feeling in that last minute of life but it looked like fear to me. i dont think she was in any more pain.
    btw, i have a photgraphic memory. i remember every single thing about that day. i had blocked out the fact that her last word was david, though. my sister had to remind me but that was a couple of years after she died. then i felt something just kind of "snap" like that last little block of info snapped into place.

12. eedre

eedre

Feb 26, 2007
    St. Louis,MO
    Death is pleasurable or painful or, apparently, nothing at all (fun! :eyebrow: ) .

13. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

This thread points to that, IMO. Dying during a surgery seems the best way to die for me.

14. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Apparently when you die your brain releases loads of dimethyltryptamine. So basically death is one massive trip.

15. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Relief?

16. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    EMO!!! :p

Sorry but it had to be done. :ninja:

17. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    I'd guess it would depend heavily on the kind of death it was.

If I had to pick, I'd say the two extremes might be the best ways? As long as it's not one that involves a lot of pain, a slow death that lets you say your goodbyes to your satisfaction, do something meaningful with the time you know you have left, and come to terms with it and accept it and be ready for it wouldn't be so awful. Of course, the time before you come to terms with it could be awful.

The other would be a death that's so fast and unexpected that you never even realize anything happened.

Then once your dead I guess that what it feels like depends on 1) what your spiritual beliefs are and 2) how well you follwed those beliefs. If you did a pretty bad job, well, then I guess you're in for an eternity of suck.

18. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    Like falling alsleep, except you never wake up.

19. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    numb. and suffocating.

20. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I bet he has nice hands.