Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What do you think of ashdown amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Newjacksm, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Newjacksm

Newjacksm

Sep 28, 2002
    What do you think of ashdown amps... i have a deal with it, is it worth it??

2. lildrgn

lildrgn

Jul 11, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    Yes, and do a search. There are tons of tasty threads about Ashdowns. And ask the dude from BC, he plays in a band called STROKE, but I don't remember his name....

I'm in the market for one myself, and when I get it (soon, I hope!), you'll all know. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

3. drewie

drewie

Jan 20, 2002
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    I've said it before, so...

I 've used an Ashdown ABM-400 head for the past 4 years. I've used it 3-4 times a week for roughly 4 hours at a time, subjected it to temperature and humidity changes, dropped it, and spilt beer on it. I have not even serviced it as yet. Nothing has broken, there is no distortion in the sound. It has NEVER let me down. It is as good now as when I bought it. And the VU meter still works. That's British amplification for you...;)

Ashdown's MD Mark Gooday is a top guy and will respond to emails usually within 24 hours. If you like their sound you shouldn't have any worries. Have fun!