1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What do you think of home-made cabs??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kelu, Jan 4, 2003.

1. Kelu

Kelu

Dec 6, 2002
    Lille in France
    I just bought a Hartke 3500 and I want a big 1x15' cab but I got no money..
    A friend of mine has constructed 2 cabs for his '74 Twin Reverb.. It sounds great and it has a custom orange finition (as his guitar..)
    I think I'm going to do as him.. because a big cab for 230 euros..
    I'd like to have advices from you guys...
    Thanks

2. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    I haven't much experience, but here's my 2 cents. As long as you take the time to make a good quality cabinet with good speakers, you really can't go wrong. There are probably websites with good instructions. My brother just built a 2x12 cab with carvin speakers for his guitar, and it sounds great. it saved him quite a bit of cash.

3. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    I use a homemade(not my home) 2X8 with aluminum cones as a monitor at church. Works great, and I am going to have the guy who built it build me a matching 2x12 or 1X15.
    The carpet he used was a unique blue-grey that I always thought looked great. I hope we can get more of that color for the new cab.

What are some of those websites with instructions? I would love to see them.

Mark