Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What do you think of my band picture?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dean_CustomJazz, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    this was taken at a gig, and i edited it myself.

be honest, no one ever gives me an exact response, did I do something wrong:confused:
    [​IMG]

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Ok, being completely honest here; it looks like you cut out a picture from an adult magazine for men with "alternative lifestyles" and pasted it on a backdrop for a goth-metal band. It's like you dropped Marky Mark holding a cylindrical object very close to his groin onto the space Peter Steele was supposed to be in for the next Type O Negative album.

3. you look like a serious musician, yo!

4. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
  5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    All of which makes it the perfect picture. :D ;)
    You look a little like Jay Z.

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Maybe if he just wasn't gripping that water bottle SO tightly....:D

7. ahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha

sorry, i just
    ahahahahahahahahaha

8. lil_bass_boy

lil_bass_boy Banned

Oct 25, 2001
    Maryland, USA
    If you want honesty....then I think it's stupid looking. Less gansta-ism and more bass-ism.

-Max :rolleyes:

9. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    That's completely ridiculous and I hope you're pulling our collective leg. If you had a woman flaunting her booty on each side of you then that would be the perfect cover for one of those bass cd's that people play to show off their woofers.

brad cook

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

low dude... a little low. :)

11. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Yep, calling someone Zander is a violation of forum rules, I think. ;)

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well it was that or an Icey Hot Stuntaz crack, and frankly, I wanted to go with the Zander. :D

13. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Ooh! Beefcake!

It does kinda look like a personal ad from "one of those" magazines, not that there's anything wrong with that! :D

14. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    Thats about what I was thinking.

15. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    well, he didn't just say "look what i created" in which case i'd understand your comment. he actually wanted people to give an "honest" opinion and asked whether he did something wrong.

so he had to expect and to some degree even "wanted" some negative feedback.

that said, i'd really like to say something positive, like "nice water bottle", but...

is a description i can agree with.

16. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    personally, I hate the picture. I fully expected these comments, in fact, kind of hoping for them. now our manager is actually gunna by his own camera and take his own pictures, thanx:D