1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What do you think of my bands new demo!?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by metalguy2, Jun 9, 2011.

1. metalguy2

metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    I just wanted to share my metal bands demo that we just recently finished.

The band is The Failure Initiative the I plays bass on these tracks. I also recorded and mixed them. I had someone else master them.

Tell me what you guys think!

Demo 2011 MP3HIGH.zip

2. Sounds angry!

3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Not huge into music like this anymore, but the kick sounds a little weird to me in the first track. The bass is definitely getting lost in the guitar.

Don't take this too hard, but I've heard tons of metal bands that sound just like you guys. You guys are talented, but there isn't anything that sets you guys apart from those other metal bands. That said, if you came to my area, I'd come to see you guys and wreck some people in the mosh pit.

4. Broomwinkle

Broomwinkle

Jun 11, 2011
    Norwich, UK.
    I like the music, your vocalist reminds me of the old KSE vocalist, but dude you are lost in the mix you sound like you scooped your mids and due to that you have no presence or depth in the mix. You need to boost your mids or your never going to be heard or help the mix :/

5. metalguy2

metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    I actually started by taking the gain down. And then I boosted 64Hz, 260HZ, and 1020Hz on the bass. I also pretty much cut 2900Hz -20k.

I actually thought the bass was too loud?! Maybe I am hearing something different.

I was thinking earlier today that I probably could have picked better frequencies to boost. Because sometimes it is just too much string noise and not enough note coming out.

Any thoughts?

6. metalguy2

metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Also, thanks for any of the feedback.

I have my own thoughts on this music. But since this is a demo I like the take the opportunity to rip it apart.

I also don't have any real emotional attachment other than the recording itself. I didn't write any of it except for some arrangements. I personally feel like the metalcore train came and left.

A lot of the things said I agree with.