1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What do you think of my bands songs?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Martin1989, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Martin1989

Martin1989

Sep 30, 2007
    Its just instrumentals at the moment (drums, bass and guitar) since were still looking for a singer. Ive uploaded a few on youtube but we have about 8 finished songs at the moment. Let me know what you think, particularly of the bass playing.
    Oh sorry about the sound quality by the way, it was recorded with a digital camera.

2. Martin1989

Martin1989

Sep 30, 2007
    anyone? lol

3. Nappa

Nappa

Dec 20, 2006
    Fargo,North Dakota
    Can barely hear the bass. Could EQ a bit as a band. It would help.

Sound aside the playing was good.

4. majorrager

majorrager

Aug 27, 2008
    Pretty good stuff, nice and funky sounding.
    Reminds me a bit of the chili peppers.
    Btw, nice bass.

5. definitely peppers influence there...

the mix is aweful...but I suspect that it's not too bad...

keep at it...the main thing is...have FUN!

6. The mix is probably due to the limited dynamic range of the camera mic.

Anyway, it's not too shabby. What kind of singer do you guys have in mind?

7. Martin1989

Martin1989

Sep 30, 2007
    Yeah it sounded a lot better when we were playing, its just that the camera is useless for recording. Were actually not too sure were just gonna hopefully try a few people out. It would be cool having someone like Kiedes (RHCP) but then again we might just come off sounding like a chili peppers rip off. It might be better to have something different.

8. great stuff! original #1 is badass...great stuff man..get a better camera for quality and a good singer and man..good stuff will happen!..great mix for bad quality..

9. Good stuff..get a cheap digital recorder and you're golden. Get haircuts asap lol

10. Martin1989

Martin1989

Sep 30, 2007
    Thanks for the comments, I uploaded another one (#4), a bit more rock than the others.

11. julo

julo

Jan 18, 2005
    Boulder, CO
    Not my style and the sound is far from being perfect but I can see where you are aiming.
    By the way, the washing machine thing is passe, you have to go rotisserie (rotissery?) these days or is it fridge? :smug:

12. Yeah? Tell that to RUSH!

13. Martin1989

Martin1989

Sep 30, 2007
    song #4 wont show up in my profile for some reason so here is a link