What do you think of personalized sports jerseys?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tplyons, Apr 29, 2012.

1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Hey all,

Every time I go to a sports event, I'm rocking my #87 LYONS jersey, no matter what team it is (as long as it's one of mine). I've got my name and number on jerseys for each of my teams.

What are your thoughts?

My personal theory... I'll never get traded, so the jersey is always relevant!

2. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Kinda dorky? But not any moreso than wearing someone else's jersey.

:D

3. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass

Jan 18, 2009
    Virginia Beach
    I think it is cool... and I get my jerseys for under $25 .. and a personalized one would cost me more than that so I wear my Strahan/Greene/Polamalu/Jacobs/Ward/Taylor and soon Griffin III jerseys... If I could get a personalized one for arond that price that is the same quality as the official Reebok ones I get (for $20-$25 not including shipping) I would in a heart beat.

4. I have a Patriots #81 Randy Moss jersey - the cheapo Walmart one, not the pro one - and for the last Super Bowl I used a strip of fabric tape, slapped it over the "Moss" and wrote in "Hernandez" with a marker. Might look a bit dorky but "Moss" is so 2007! ;)

5. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Off the cuff, I'd say it leans in the whole "man child" direction. But then again, I can frequently be caught wearing a Melvins t-shirt, so I probably have no room to talk.:meh:

6. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I'm cool with it. I have several jerseys of various teams in various sports, but none personalized with my name. I DID get my son a personalized Arsenal jersey with his name on it.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Can I be your son? (That's one of my next jersey purchases)

8. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The only personalized jerseys I have are my old rugby ones, but they have no name and only have a number between 11 and 15 on the back. IMO if you're gonna wear a personalized jersey you'd better play the sport.

9. Goatee220

Goatee220 Bassist/Photographer/Goalie Gold Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Spring City, PA
    I'm Ok with it - I have a cool Team USA hockey jersey with my name and number on it. Looks awesome. And I can wear it to opposing teams' arenas.

10. I find it rather amusing when a very clearly out-of-shape person who might explode if required to even CONSIDER what their admired, be-jerseyed real-life athlete does every day dresses up like ______ _____, pro ______-ball player.
    That said, I dress up like one of them-there Turdy France geeks alla time. In my defense, I know I look silly. :)

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021