What do You think of Schecter basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 311fan, Aug 8, 2005.

1. 311fan

Jul 20, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    I own a Schecter Diamond Series Deluxe 4 and I love it. You can get any tone out of it you want. So what are your opinions on schecter?
  2. bass1

Dec 11, 2004
    total s h i t.
  3. I will tell you this much. I just bought a Spector 5 string, my first 5. When I was trying out new basses I played a Cirrus, a Warwick, my Spector and a Schecter 5 string. The Schecter was by far the easiest player of them all. Sounded great and had great action and a smooth neck. I bought the Spector cuz I always wanted one and it is a great bass. But I do think the Schecter played a little nicer. You defiantley got a nice bass. If you ever go for a 5, stick with the Schecters, it was real nice.
  4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I like them. :bassist:

Now read these threads:
    do schecters suck?

If you use the search feature it will turn up all sorts of threads about Schecters. :D
  5. that's helpful :rolleyes:
  6. I think they are very solid built basses, with awesome playability. They're just not my bag.

By the way, EMG pickups are not "s h i t" So whatever goof.

7. bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    I just played my Bass Instructors Schector Stilletto 6 string...

First off it is neck through and solid feeling like a Warwick...
    He had this bad boy set up sooooo low that it was PERFECT! Any lower and it would suck any higher and it wouldn't fingertap HALF as well. This guy know what a bass should sound and feel like. It took him like 15 minutes to crank my 6 Strings truss rod(s) and get mine like his... I love it!

As far as the bass (and less on his setup) it played and sounded awesome with the EMG's on there. It was through a POS 30 watt guitar amp so I can only imagine how it sounds through his rig...

I love them and I always wanted a neck through... (too bad it doesn't have string through body because I would have been all over it.)
  8. I love mine I'm sure I've gone into detail as to why in one of the other Schecter threads. Great bang for the buck. :bassist:
  9. Radiobass

Jan 10, 2005
    I played an Elite 5 and it was amazing. The neck was great, the tone was great (especially at slap, which I never do, though), looks gorgeous, etc.
  10. I just bought a Stiletto Elite 4 last week and I loooove it! I had my first band practice with it last night, it worked great in every song I could think of. The only thing, my previous main bass was a BC Rich Beast (huge body), and wearing the Schecter, I feel naked! :bag:

11. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    +1 It was a well thought out and descriptive analysis of his personal opinion of Schecter basses.

....unless of course by S H I T, he meant "Schecter Has It Togetether"

12. dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    Schecter basses are by no means S***T. Yes, the Deluxe Stiletto basses are the "low man on the totem pole" models but given the money I say they're pretty rock solid. However, if you can cough up some more dough, I say go with the custom or studio models. These are serious axes and I found them both to be excellent (poor man’s Warwicks as someone may have pointed out). The elite models are a bit flashy for my taste but they're very good as well. Also, Schecter has a variety of excellent basses that have been discontinued that you may be able to score on the cheap big time if you keep yr eyes open.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion but the S***T comment must have been by someone who stumbled on a rare lemon or doesn't know what the heck they're talking about.

13. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    I think they're pretty good for their price range.
  14. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    They're pretty darn good, just not my bag of chips. I loved the body shape of the 004, but that's gone. They were decent instruments and played nicely, however, they're not very common in NJ, I've only had a chance to play one or two.