Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what do you think of Smith Burners?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by FiveStringsNme, Aug 21, 2003.

1. what do you think of Smith Burners?...I haven't played Nickel strings in awhile and I'm thinking of slapping a pair of these on my ESP

2. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    Made by GHS, it's a good string. You can usually
    get them at a good price.

Slug.

3. yea....that's what I like about Smith strings, I always find them for really cheap...and you know what it is like when buying sets for 5 strings or more!

I'm actually wondering what Pollybass pays for a set of strings for his 8 string Conklin....

4. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    I have always had good experiences with Smith Strings.

5. me too:D :D

6. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I have good luck with Smith strings as well, but I prefer the Custom Tapor Cores over the Nickel Burners any day. The tension on the Burners was a little heavier than the Customs which took some time getting used to. Overall, the Burners are a better string any day over the Markley Nickels.

7. very cool.....I'm thinking of slapping on a set on my ESP bass cuz the Stainless steel didn't complement the sound for me.......and I love the prices I can get them for...you know how it is with 5(or more) string sets....