Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What do you think of the Ibanez SR405 ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dressedtokill59, May 17, 2003.

1. I am looking at a new 5 string and I am really digging the Ibanez SR405 and I just wnted some other peoples opinion on it. Please give me a reply back if you know anything about it.

Thanks
    RiCh

2. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Yeah, Ibanez 5's are not that bad.
    That is if your not looking to play your B string all that much.

I owned an SR305DX for about 2 years, and I just didn't like it after awhile.....the 5th string just got in the way....because I didn't use it.
    (I've never found an Ibanez yet with a B that pleased me....so I'd just stick to there 4's)

Something to think about.

The SR-400 is a nice bass.......if your not looking for the 5th string.

Plus, you could probaly get an SR-405 cheaper used.....the resale isn't all that good.
    (I got half of what I paid for my 305DX)

-Chris

3. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I used to own an SR405 back in the mid 90's. To me they are lacking in tone compared to other basses out there in that price range. The B feels extremely loose to me as well. Im also not a fan of the narrow string spacing they have. But the slim neck is nice. Its not bad for the money, and if you like it then thats all that matters, but you can still do better than one of those in that same price range.

4. clouddead

clouddead

Jan 15, 2003
    orlando
    i own one and its alright. its my first bass and i dont really use the B string that much. im thinking of going to a marcus miller jazz for my next axe. but the B string on it is pretty floppy compared to other basses i have played. you could do better. and slapping on the B string is a no go either.. crappy. so if i were you, id go to the music store and try all the 5ers and compare. go from there.