Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What Do You Think Of The Peavey TNT 115? And...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by supernaut_1, Jan 4, 2003.

1. supernaut_1

supernaut_1 Guest

Dec 16, 2002
    Texas
    i just got one and i wanted to know what you all think of them. and, is it possible to adjust, or turn off the tweeter?

2. Peavey site, product specs / manual

There's that. I tryed looking at the manual...but it's for an older model TNT w/o horn. That bites. I would bet that you couldn't turn of the horn. That's not good.

But overall, a very solid amp. I've auditioned some TNT's and TKO's in the stores. My TKO 115s is a good, solid practice amp that could be used for stage monitoring if absolutely necessary. I guess the TNT doesn't have chorus anymore. But being a little more powered over the TKO is a good thing. Can't go wrong w/ it.

But you'll soon want a 4x10, a 1x15 and 3000 watts of power to push it all. It's addictive :)

Me? Yup, happened already.

3. supernaut_1

supernaut_1 Guest

Dec 16, 2002
    Texas
    ok, i fixed the problem. i decided to take the grill off so i could unscrew the tweeter out of its socket, i found out that the wires connect to the tweeter with simple slider pieces, so i just slid them off. problem solved. it sounds pretty good too. but also, thanks for the suggestions, they got me thinking.