Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What do you think of these body styles?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sheepdog, Feb 6, 2004.

1. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    I took some Jaf basses and played around with them. What do you think? The jazz influence is intentional, just with a little more character (and carved tops).

2. I like the second one best....looks like an interesting design. :bassist:

3. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    the bottom ones reminds me of a ritter.

4. Introvox

Introvox

May 21, 2001
    Ontario, Canada
    I like the bottom one..it's sorta, jazz meets ricky

5. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    :cool:

6. I like them both. I don't know which one is my favorite. The bottom one it cool, but it's a little out there.

7. rygelxvi

rygelxvi

Jan 6, 2003
    Definatly the second one :D

8. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    cool, thanks for the responses. Probably going to be a 1 (or maybe 2) piece ash body. Natural finish.

I wear my bass with the neck up high. I am wondering which upper horn would be more comfortable. My current bass has the strap tight against my neck with my playing style.

9. Tfunked

Tfunked

Dec 30, 2003
    # 2

T.

10. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio

11. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    :D Yep, really like a Jazz meets a Rickenbacker - maybe even -meets a Warwick Fortress -meets a Ritter -meets a ... :meh: this upper horn style is getting more and more popular (well ok the Fortress is not in production anymore, but the others are) - but I dont mind that! :D

12. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    The bottom one looks like the back half of a jazz and the front half of a Schecter Elite.

[​IMG]

Not to say it's bad, seeing as I like both the Jazz and the Schecter Elite body shape. I like it :cool:

13. i like the second one

14. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    didn't think about that, but it does look like that (The jazz half was intentional, the Spector wasn't). Still going back and forth on woods. I am going to have all passive electronics and I like ash. Sometimes ash just doesn't have quite enough bottom end to it. Not sure if I want a 1 piece mahogany, but that seems to be a good 2nd option.