1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What do you think of this bass solo for my song?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by brlottermann, May 14, 2011.

1. brlottermann

brlottermann

May 14, 2011
    Boston, MA
    YouTube - Bass Solo

Sup dudes, I'm new to this forum and am hoping to get some good advice from some experienced bassist (I'm 14 and have been playing for 2 years now).

So heres the deal:
    My band wrote a song called "The Lorax" which is a funk rock fusion song and its super cool. I wrote a bass solo to it one afternoon, and recorded it, so what do you think of it?

YouTube - Bass Solo

2. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    I like it. It is much ballsier than what I was doing on bass when I was two years into playing. Good work.

3. Luckie

Luckie

Jan 1, 2010
    Northfield MN
    Decent chops, make sure you play in time and it'll be a solid solo.

4. Bassguy87564

Bassguy87564

Jul 5, 2006
    NJ
    Sounds good man my only constructive criticism would be just be very accurate when you are slapping. Time to time I hear strings ringing in the background of what you are playing. I have simmular problems with my slapping best way to fix it would have to be practice slapping your strings slowly with a metronome. Then try switching up the strings and be very precise with where you are slapping.

5. recreate.me

recreate.me

Apr 2, 2010
    Ontario
    Sounds like a cool piece, I assume it fits the song (if it doesnt then your in trouble) so roll with it.

6. Itd probably sound better with ur tone all the way up and fingerstyle...but thats just me

7. Bluechain311

Bluechain311

May 5, 2011
    Sounds good bro!

8. Vakmere

Vakmere

Sep 6, 2007
    Philly
    Record that line with whatever song its supposed to go with then get back to us. Right now its just just plain bread without the peanut butter and jelly.

9. brlottermann

brlottermann

May 14, 2011
    Boston, MA
    Thanks guys! I'm going to keep working on it, and I hope to get a cleaner slap sound for that solo.

Yeah, I think once I have some time (its exams week) I'll record the bridge that comes before it and some stuff thats after it (its a guitar solo, I play essentially the same as in the bridge).