1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What do you think of this bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KASH, Apr 14, 2009.

1. bassman312

bassman312

Oct 19, 2006
    Haha :D Nice for using on the last song and smashing up!
    (IMO wasted instruments are a real shame)

2. Would be better if it didn't call itself 'metal' IMO

3. Meh, not my thing.

4. Korladis

Korladis Banned Supporting Member

Looks cool, but how does it sound and how does it play? Never buy an instrument based primarily upon its looks. Always try to play an instrument before you buy it (or at least one that's the same model).

5. IngerAlb

IngerAlb

May 11, 2007
    If Dean can't make a decent cheap V bass, I doubt these guys can - and for less money even :) Don't get me wrong, their Metalman basses are ok, but I wouldn't label 'em as high quality basses with a massive tone. The headstock however makes me think of Epiphone...

6. bhass

bhass

Oct 21, 2008
    England, UK
    Sounds like your only after it for it's looks. Not my kind of thing at all so I can't comment on that.
    If you are learning, it might be really inconvenient. That style from what I have seen and played are really heavy and annoying to play.

Although that's just my opinion. You should be asking "What do I think of this bass?". You will get your answer then.

7. EVERY v-bass i've seen/played - in my opinion of course - has been nothing short of fugly and uncomfortable

8. Korladis

As with Flying V guitars, Flying V basses are really meant for the stage, not the studio or practice room.

Unless you're out gigging a lot with a metal band, I'd advise something that's more comfortable to play while sitting down (and as the owner of a Flying V guitar, I can tell you that they are most certainly NOT). And if you are in a metal band that gigs a lot, you're probably going to want a higher quality V bass than this.

9. Since when is a flying V a "metal shape"???

10. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    Two hits before it became "evil".

11. Yup, I need a coffee. Carry on.

12. something that is a sinonime with.... trash!

i really can't stand weird shaped basses. they really can't give u a metal sound if they are shapped in "V" or "M" for that mather.

neither a Bongo can give u a toilet sound even if it's shaped that way !!!

P.S. i really love the T-birds and i do love , i mean LOOOOVE!!!! my bongo !!!

13. Korladis

You say you can't stand weird shaped basses... yet your avatar is a Bongo bass... hmmm...

14. Bongo are weird??? Wishbass are weird but Bongo's? They are only the new ricks.

Edit: more on topic: Did you tried a V bass before?

15. Korladis

Yes, the Bongo is a weird looking bass, in that it's pretty non-traditional. I love it though.

And no, they are not the new Ricks. Though, Ricks can be argued to be pretty distinctively shaped basses, themselves. Now if they (Bongos) were neck-through...

16. that's not a Bongo, that's my Bongo!!!

i said that i love T-birds and Bongos!!!

i don't like the V like basses, Stars.... Bc Rich and Traben in general

17. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    LoL! "A fire-breathing, goat-slaying metal beast of an electric bass guitar!"

18. I'd pass even at that price. The neck appears to have too many occlusions in the grain which is very inconsistent with too much run-out. The body appears to have too many defects... zoom in on the highlighted body edges and you'll sea more waves than an ocean during a storm. Maybe the hardware and electronics are worth the money for a project bass but I just wouldn't bother taking a gamble on it since I have no experience with the manufacturer.

19. sean.1986

sean.1986

Feb 24, 2009
    Essex, England
    Just looks like a normal flying V style bass to me. Doesn't look all that comfortable to play.