1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What do you think of this bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kitschead, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Meh. Looks like a glorified Rondo bass (SX, Brice, Douglas, whatever you want to call it.)

2. So you think its a no go?

3. There is something about this that is eerily similar to a Tradition bass that I once owned. It could bee the Headstock. Here is a link to thier site. http://www.traditionguitars.com/bass/mtb/mtb500.html

The one that I had was very nice; good sound good player.
    [​IMG]
    Might be made by the same folks, might not. Make some calls and send some emails.

4. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Its another of the elm basses. Theres a few ebay stores doing the "I make the bass for you. Qaulity all good, is very popular instrument nowadays, solid elm body". Thing. I dunno if its the same peeps doing multiple names for themself brand wise or what. But this one looks like those others to me. From what Ive read about elm. Useing it for guitars isnt practical due to very long drying and curing time needed. Some of the elm basses are made to look like various non traditional looking boutique basses. But prices are allways so low, like this one your referring to. That Id be rather suspect about build qaulity, qaulity of fretwork, pups and electronics, and construction stability of the necks. Like Bassistforthelord said. Makes one think of the rather low end of sx etc basses masquerading as high dollar ones. Their even selling off ones designed to have body shapes of really odd high high dollar boutique basses. With solid elm body, very popular instgrument nowadays. Lol.

5. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    Bargain, maybe. Value, No.