What do you think of this guy?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by maxoges, Apr 17, 2004.

1. maxoges

Aug 23, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
  2. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    The guy is a jerk. (My opinion, because I've talked to him)
    Stay far away.
    Do a search on him. You'll see.

Just a thought though, You never see any other builders running their mouths on how great their basses/guitars are on their respected web sites do ya??

And the "Ghost Building" stuff........No one cares except for him and by-the-way, it's not a big secret like he makes it out to be.

If Eddie reads this, what about Sadowsky, Lull, Lakland, Fodera, Elrick, Benevente (sp?)??? You little bass better than those as well??? If it's so nice, send one to some mag and let them have at it<insert his excuse here>. I for one would like to check one out. Ship one to Low Down Sound in Detroit (it's an all bass store, lots of high end stuff) and spread the word.

Didn't think you would.

I wonder what his thoughts are on the Sadowsky Metro basses are. Should be funny at the very least!!

Why am I wasting my time on this?.......I have better things to do.........where are my toe nail clippers????
  3. wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    I went to his store in Vegas last December. His collection really is quite impressive. Credit where it is due.

All the basses were in a locked room and only Ed could let me in. Fat chance on trying any unless I was planning on buying.

I won't relate any of the comments he made. Suffice it to say, I won't be doing business with him and I won't be steering any of my friends his way either.

'nuff said.
  4. I think Bass Central's where it's at.

Ed Roman is a $#*%@
  5. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    i wouldnt touch him with a 10 foot pole, but i would beat him with one :D
  6. LA

Oct 17, 2001
    He does a lot of badmouthing other manufacturers--something I believe one should not do as a sales agent.
  7. 6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    Sweet that there's a bass store near Detroit, had no idea, thanks for the info there MikeBass.
  8. The fact that he bad mouths other manufacturers to justify how his is better just turns me off. If his stuff was that good how come nobody talks about it ?
  9. maxoges

Aug 23, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    What about his thoughts about gitarr and bass mags only reviewing manufacturers advertising in their magazine, and that they always write good reviews.

He also implies that they write reviews without testing the instrument.