1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

what do you think of this idea?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by paganjack, Sep 25, 2008.

1. paganjack

paganjack

Dec 25, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    so i've got a GK stack, which i'm generally pretty happy with. i have a 112 and 212. i really like the 112, but i feel like the 212 is a little too smooth for my playing these days. i think my style of playing has changed a lot since i started too. i want it to get aggressive, and it just stays so silky smooth. so i'm thinking of changing my setup.

so i'm thinking of getting a 2x10 to replace the 212. i think i would like a more aggressive, punchier 210 to complement the 112 (which i would like to keep for smaller gigs etc too). so i would have a mini 1x12/2x10 stack, which sounds like a nice idea to me.

i'm not 100% set on what kind, but after looking at the classifieds, maybe either the aguilar s210 or the swr goliath jr iii that are up for sale (for now). i think i'm leaning towards the SWR since ive read that those cabs complement GK stuff well. but if other options come up i would consider them too. i would rather keep it somewhat cheaper, but i might be selling the 212 to both offset costs, and because i'm not as in love with it as i once was.

any thoughts on this?

2. bassninja7

bassninja7

Mar 1, 2008
    Napoleon, OH
    http://www.myspace.com/publicface
    i would stick with all GK stuff, but thats just me

i dunno, try the swr out

3. brianbj46

brianbj46

Aug 11, 2006
    madison, wi
    mesa powerhouse 210 has a very aggressive tone

4. paganjack

paganjack

Dec 25, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    thanks for the replies so far- i'd still like to hear more opinions on this...anybody?