What do you think of this new Ashdown cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, Feb 4, 2002.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
  2. Dino

Dino

Jan 9, 2002
    Cagliari - Italy
    I think it is a prety good cabinet, I got the 15X10 but i didn't found it in ashdown site. That is a really good cabinet!!

3. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    bump;)

4. - I haven't tried the 4x8" cab, but I'm sure it's great! I play an Ashdown abm500-4x10" -"combo", which kicks ass bigtime! -Anyway, I want to expand the rig, and I plan to get another cab... What do you suggest; another 4x10" or a 1x15" or 1x 18" ?

5. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    When playing in Europe, I always use my Ashdown 1x10 combo, but when I was playing in the states recently, I had the choice of whatever Ashdown gear I wanted, so I thought it'd be fun to check out the new 4x8 with a 1x12, running with a 500 head... incredible. The sound that comes out of that tiny cab is remarkable, and hoooked up to the 1x12 it was mind-blowing. I'm now in negotiations to get that same set up for myself! :oops:)

the new ashdown mini range are all the same cab size, and are designed to be matched whatever combination you go for - 1x10, 1x15, 1x12 or 4x8 - all the same size cab! they are amazing... Well worth checking out, if there's as shop near you that stocks them...

cheers

Steve
    www.steve-lawson.co.uk

6. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Oooo....Time to go look at more cabs!! :)

7. Yo Steve, do you know if the Boxter is discontinued? I'm guessing yes, but have never heard anything definitive. I wanted to get another Boxter, but then they introduced this 4x8. At least I know I can get a replacement 8 if something happens to one of mine. I'm going to wait and see about one of those Accugrooves first, and then decide what to do.

Hey, and what's a "vegetable"?

Kentucky FC

8. top028

top028

Dec 14, 1999
    Lancaster, PA
    I have one of ashdown's lower end 2x10's and its a high-end cab by any means. I love it. It works well with my bagend 15 (I can hear the 2x10's up close) they both seem to work best in large air-volume rooms, but maybe thats all cabs with ports.