What do you think of this new Ashdown cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, Feb 4, 2002.

1. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
  2. Dino

Jan 9, 2002
    Cagliari - Italy
    I think it is a prety good cabinet, I got the 15X10 but i didn't found it in ashdown site. That is a really good cabinet!!
  3. - I haven't tried the 4x8" cab, but I'm sure it's great! I play an Ashdown abm500-4x10" -"combo", which kicks ass bigtime! -Anyway, I want to expand the rig, and I plan to get another cab... What do you suggest; another 4x10" or a 1x15" or 1x 18" ?
  4. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    When playing in Europe, I always use my Ashdown 1x10 combo, but when I was playing in the states recently, I had the choice of whatever Ashdown gear I wanted, so I thought it'd be fun to check out the new 4x8 with a 1x12, running with a 500 head... incredible. The sound that comes out of that tiny cab is remarkable, and hoooked up to the 1x12 it was mind-blowing. I'm now in negotiations to get that same set up for myself! :oops:)

the new ashdown mini range are all the same cab size, and are designed to be matched whatever combination you go for - 1x10, 1x15, 1x12 or 4x8 - all the same size cab! they are amazing... Well worth checking out, if there's as shop near you that stocks them...

5. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Oooo....Time to go look at more cabs!! :)
  6. Yo Steve, do you know if the Boxter is discontinued? I'm guessing yes, but have never heard anything definitive. I wanted to get another Boxter, but then they introduced this 4x8. At least I know I can get a replacement 8 if something happens to one of mine. I'm going to wait and see about one of those Accugrooves first, and then decide what to do.

Hey, and what's a "vegetable"?

Kentucky FC
  7. top028

Dec 14, 1999
    Lancaster, PA
    I have one of ashdown's lower end 2x10's and its a high-end cab by any means. I love it. It works well with my bagend 15 (I can hear the 2x10's up close) they both seem to work best in large air-volume rooms, but maybe thats all cabs with ports.