What do you think of this pic?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bushfire, Mar 3, 2006.

1. I want your guy's opinion on the main (and only) picture on my acoustic projects page, www.purevolume.com/fragilestarlight (no music recorded yet unfortunatly, soon though.)

I think it suits it, and am really pleased with the look, but what about to you guys; a casual observer?

2. That's pretty neat. Meteor shower, I take it?
  3. NOISE!

Jun 20, 2004
    In your mind
  4. DaRK_CaRNiVaL

Sep 13, 2005
    looks pretty good,

hard to tell whether its a meteor shower or just some camera effect thing since the pic is so small.:D
  5. No meteor shower, just time lapse. But it wasn't taken by me (I have a slight shudder, enough so that I can't take good photos) There is a bigger picture but, it doesn't matter seeing as it's auto cropped by the site anyway.

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I was going to say, that looks like the light source is going upwards, very cool, it gives the effect of meteors being launched back into space. I like it, very suiting like you said.
  7. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Make more cool pictures!
  8. Alas, it isn't mine, because of the afore mentioned shudder, but google the name "Jerry Zhu" I just happened to see it on his site whilst on my travels through cyberspace and thought it would be perfect, so I took it and put the band name in there (after asking of course! :D) didn't look at much of the other pics though. Thanks for the comments guys, I think I'll keep it.

EDIT: Found the site: http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~zhuxj/astro/html/
  9. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    I like it. The image really fits the name. Very good match.
  10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I hope you got the photographer's permission to use the image. :meh: Not only am I a photographer who'd be pissed if someone used my stuff without me knowing, but also if you get busted using that image, you could get sued (if you profit from his/her image)
  11. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
  12. Yeah I did ask for permission (see Toms post), but thanks for the concern.
  13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Ooops, missed it. Cool! Most people assume that photos are free, and it doesn't matter that someone took the photo.
  14. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Tis what i thought.
  15. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
  16. bassistjo

Jun 22, 2005
    Compleatly random
  17. For linking it to your profile, 0/10

If you would've put it just as an image here though...

For shame.
  18. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    That's what I was gonna say...
    I think it's cool.