Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what do you think of this trade?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LukeMan970, Jan 17, 2006.

1. LukeMan970

LukeMan970

Jun 22, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    I'm thinking of trading my Warwick for a Elrick gold series. Do you think that trade is worth it? I haven't heard any sound clips of an elrick like this so does anyone know where i can find some?

2. I have heard great things of elrick...I believe Bryon Tyler has several...they sound pretty sweet!
    I would do it...granted i don't know the price difference of warwicks compared to the gold series elricks

3. LukeMan970

LukeMan970

Jun 22, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    I'd pay a little on my end because his is worth more but i'm just trying to find a sound clip of one similar to this.

4. kelbrihan

kelbrihan Banned [Deceiving users with multiple usernames] Banned

Dec 2, 2004
    Mass produced vs handmade custom. Go with the Erick, even if you don't like it, it will be easier to sell or trade and want to get a Warwick again. warwicks are all over the internet and Ebay.

5. D.A.R.K.

D.A.R.K. Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Virginia
    what year is the warwick?

6. LukeMan970

LukeMan970

Jun 22, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    I'm pretty sure its either a 2001 or a 2002.

7. Warwickluvr

Warwickluvr

Dec 26, 2005
    I'd say stick with the warwick but I'm a skosh biased..... :meh:

What model Warwick?

8. soholounge

soholounge

Aug 11, 2004
    Colorado
    IMHO, elrick is waaaaaaaay better, IMHO.

neck has better playability, vs. baseball bat like warwick necks.
    and i prefer barts to mec.

but only IMHO.

9. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    IMO, you'd be ripping him off...I've played several Elricks and always thought VERY highly of them. I haven't found a Warwick I liked since the late 1980s.

10. LukeMan970

LukeMan970

Jun 22, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Well here is my bass:
    [​IMG]

And the Elrick I'd be trading for:
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think of the two?

11. Hmm, if I was you, then I would have that Elrick and would be seriously trying not to hump it because its just so damn nice, but hey, that's just me, lol.

I would make the trade, as long as you don't need that 5th string, then it would be a great deal.

12. soholounge

soholounge

Aug 11, 2004
    Colorado
    well, i change my vote to the warwick,
    because it has the "right" amount of strings.
    :smug:

and it's one of the better looking elrick's i've seen.

but what are YOU looking for in a bass?
    and what are you lacking in your warwick?

13. sethlow3

sethlow3 Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Nashville, Tennessee
    IMO you should try before you buy. I have bought and sold a many of basses because I didn't try before I buy. The trade sounds funny to me because you are trading a time tested studio bass VS a custom iffy bass that you have never played.

Plus its a 4 for a 5 which I am partial to 5s myself. Wouldn't you miss the B ? It really depends on your needs. If the warwick isn't doing it for you. I would sell it then go over some options.

14. +1, especially the 4/5 situation. I decided to find a fretless and got a Warwick fretless 4-string. Loved it! Can't say that enough, but I was used to a Fender 5-string and REALLY missed the low B on the Warwick. I've traded up to an FNA Jazzman 5-string Fretless. Best move I've done, but I really appreciate the Fortress I had, just to show me that I could handle a fretless and also the sound and quality of the Warwick line. I guess my point is that I had to have the 5th string since that's what I'd been playing. You might end up disapointed "down-grading" to a 4, even if the bass is a great sounding axe. Just food for thought...:meh:

15. P.S. That Elrick is beautiful, though!:D

16. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Trade the 'Wick for the Elrick, then sell it to buy something cool. :p

17. Make the trade, Elricks are awesome basses.

18. LukeMan970

LukeMan970

Jun 22, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Well i'm selling the warwick because of the weight and because I've found out I'm not much of a 5 string player. So one way or another I'll be getting a 4 string. But i'm going to try out an elrick thats almost the same as that but with soapbar pickups this tomarrow so i'll see what i think then.

19. Just in case you've not made up your mind, yet; you might want to check out the Warwick FNA Jazzman 4-string version. My 5-string is lighter than my Fender Jazz. Surprised me! Just a thought...;)

20. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    If you're still looking for Elrick sound clips, I have a bunch on my music website linked in my signature below.