What do you think of this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassGreaser, Jan 20, 2004.

1. BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I'm thinking about mounting this Jazz chrome pickup cover on my bass, and would like to get others input. To me, it doesn't look that bad. It kinda looks like it should be on the bass...
  2. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Nice lookin' bass! Personally I hate those darn pickup covers, they just get in the way. That's the only way I really think about it, from a playability standpoint (I could care less if it looks cool or not). YMMV of course! :)
  3. Warhawk

Jan 31, 2003
    Canton, Ohio
    Pretty bass!

To try it out without drilling holes you could mount the pickup cover with some double sided tape. That way if you find it gets in the way all you have to do is peel the tape off.

It doesn't look out of place to me. The problem is that I could be a kook! LOL Hey, if you like it, go for it. If our instruments were all the same this'd be one boring planet!
  4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Putting that pickup cover on that nice FBB would be a travesty. I'd say don't do it.
  5. pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    Why would you want to do that? What purpose will it serve? All you would do is take away from that beautiful top.

I wouldn't do it, no way-no how