Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What do you think of this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Thunder_Fingers, Jul 29, 2004.

1. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    im planing on making an Custom P-Bass(made of Replacement parts..)
    gonna be like:
    P-Bass onepiece Maple neck/fretboard from allparts.com
    Schaller BML tuners
    Chrome neck Plate
    Bass String Retainer
    P-Bass, Alder or ash body from Warmoth.(unpainted, gonna do that part my self...)
    Seymour Duncan SPB-3 Pickups(or custom SPB 1..)
    Badass II bridge
    Schaller Straplock, Chrome
    Mirrored Scratchplate
    2 Chrome Volume/Tone Knobs
    2 Concentric Pots

do i miss anything? is somthing of the things here bad equiptment? tell me what you think.. :bag: :help:

2. What color's it gonna be? I think everything there looks pretty good, except why are there 2 concentric pots? P-basses I know have only 1 split coil pickup...

3. PasdaBeer

PasdaBeer

Nov 2, 2002
    Santa Rosa California
    SandStorm Designs
    its a custom, do something fun! : P\

stick peizos in it, a new style headstock , make it not just look like a p bass

just my 2 cents

looks good parts wise, cant go wrong with the quality parts

4. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    well, you seen steve harris and the bass he is running around with for the time? :p its gonna be white with two Claret red(i belive its called Dakota red on www.reranch.com...) lines going around at the front edges with about 0.5 - 1 cm beetween them and some kinda Light Blue colour in the middle

www.rockshoppe.com/pinups/rock/r_steve2.jpg

http://home3.swipnet.se/~w-35781/pics/maiden/harris.jpg

kinda like that, without the West Ham logo..(gonna be mainly used for an iron Maiden Tribute Band...)

and, what are the things you conect the volum/Tone Knobs in then? maby i have got it wrong :p (P basses have two Knobs one for volum and one for tone...unless im way of....)

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    How much do you think you'll spend on the whole thing?

6. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    i calculated that, it ended up with around 800$, i could have bought an fender vintage precision, but i dont want to repaint one of thoose.... and it would have costed alot of moneys becouse i hadnt dared to Paint it myself...

7. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    im gonna do that later with another bass.. this is gonna be an Maiden Tribute bass, and i dont wanna kill and ordinary fender :p

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    $800? Why not save a little, get Nino to do a Valenti or something?

9. He probably wants to do it himself, it give's you a feel of accomplishment. But ill let him answer that one.

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    You know from experience?

11. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    well, i dont know what you talk about :p and i want to do it myself, im planing on searching a job at some music store in some years, so a little experience with how the instrument is created and setup in pracice would do me good... and i would learn alot...

And guys, not in my thread, Please...

12. I say alder body and Gotoh Tuners. For some reason i like the way they look. But a lot of people dont so... :bassist:

13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Eddie, I cleaned up your thread.

Guys, if you want to fight, take it to PM, email or AIM. Not in this thread. Thank you.

14. Thunder_Fingers

Thunder_Fingers

Jun 24, 2004
    Norway
    thanks!

so, no parts are bad then? alright! :D