What do you think of this?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by edulmes, Sep 6, 2004.

1. edulmes

Aug 21, 2004
    Oostburg WI
    I was browsing Ebay, and came across this Trace Elliot Amp.
    UK made Trace Elliot combo bass guitar amp
    (If link doesn't work, search for item number 3746260568)
    I am just starting out, and will probably be using it with a Washburn XB200 or Cort Action Bass 4 string. (I know, sounds like a thread in the crappiest gear section, but I have an extremely limited budget, and it is only for practice.)

It looks nice, and I have heard you all raving about your Trace Elliot amps.

I would be willing to pay up to $120 for it. I dont know any value on it, please alert me if it is going to finish way north of that so I don't get too excited.

I have never heard one of these myself, but anything should sound okay just for my closed door practices.

I would also like to know if this thing will crap out on me after a year.

Im also looking at an Ashdown Perfect 10. Should I scrap the Trace Elliot and go with the Ashdown?

And for a second edit, I've came across the Behringer BX600. Any views on this? Reliability? Sound?

Thanks for your help!

2. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I'd go for it. You may be outbid, but, nothing ventured. And I'd go for the Trace over the Ashdown, YMMV.

However, have you checked your area pawn shops? Peavey has some nice small amps and they usually go pretty cheap.
  3. GreaserMatt

Sep 4, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I love Trace stuff, always wanted some. I need a 115 cab...
  4. edulmes

Aug 21, 2004
    Oostburg WI
    I gots meself a Behringer BX600 for 160 at the local Guitar Center. It is pretty nice.