What do you think of this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jmanyea, Jul 20, 2002.

1. jmanyea

Mar 20, 2002
    St. Louis

I've been looking for a fretless bass and got carried away with the whole e-bay bidding thing. I'm currently the high bidder and wonder if I really want it. I'm not crazy about the color, I guess it's kinda cool in a Larry Graham sort of way. If I do win I probably put a tortoise p/g on it. I really wanted an unlined fretless. Is anyone familiar w/ the pickup system? I'm pretty sure it's easily worth the $425.00 max bid I put in. Comments?
  2. jmanyea

Mar 20, 2002
    St. Louis
    BTW, if anyone feels strongly about this bass feel free to outbid me, as it's not exactly what I was looking for. I does seem to be much nicer than a mexi jazz fretless which I am considering though.
  3. looks nice, i shouldn't worry that its lined, it'll only damage your ego ;)
    not familiar with the pickups, but they're EMG's, so it should sound good what with the fretless'ness of it and all :)
    ANd your getting a fairly good case with it to, sounds like a good price!

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I think it looks really nice. Definitly worth it.

I'd ask the seller what kind of strings were used with the bass (flats or rounds) & ask if the fretboard has any wear.
  5. I'd say it's worth the dough too. P-width neck on a Jazz body with a matching headstock isn't available from Fender, and the electronics are pretty valuable too. I think white basses with matching headstocks look way classy.