Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What do you think of this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jmanyea, Jul 20, 2002.

1. jmanyea

jmanyea

Mar 20, 2002
    St. Louis
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=893931924

I've been looking for a fretless bass and got carried away with the whole e-bay bidding thing. I'm currently the high bidder and wonder if I really want it. I'm not crazy about the color, I guess it's kinda cool in a Larry Graham sort of way. If I do win I probably put a tortoise p/g on it. I really wanted an unlined fretless. Is anyone familiar w/ the pickup system? I'm pretty sure it's easily worth the $425.00 max bid I put in. Comments?

2. jmanyea

jmanyea

Mar 20, 2002
    St. Louis
    BTW, if anyone feels strongly about this bass feel free to outbid me, as it's not exactly what I was looking for. I does seem to be much nicer than a mexi jazz fretless which I am considering though.

3. looks nice, i shouldn't worry that its lined, it'll only damage your ego ;)
    not familiar with the pickups, but they're EMG's, so it should sound good what with the fretless'ness of it and all :)
    ANd your getting a fairly good case with it to, sounds like a good price!

*Si*

4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I think it looks really nice. Definitly worth it.

I'd ask the seller what kind of strings were used with the bass (flats or rounds) & ask if the fretboard has any wear.

5. I'd say it's worth the dough too. P-width neck on a Jazz body with a matching headstock isn't available from Fender, and the electronics are pretty valuable too. I think white basses with matching headstocks look way classy.