1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What do you think of Traben basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by parklife101, Sep 14, 2008.

1. parklife101

parklife101

Jun 5, 2008
  2. chilliwilli

chilliwilli

Aug 17, 2005
    If youve tested it twice and your not sure you should probably pass on it.

If someone says they love Traben will you buy it eventhough your personal experience with it was not that great? wouldt make much sense

3. Delta_Petra

Delta_Petra

Feb 26, 2008
    Portland, OR
    All I know is those bridges are hideous.

4. TMacATK

TMacATK

Jul 9, 2008
    Davis, CA
    Every time I've tried out a Traben I've been impressed with the sound quality.

They are however completely hideous. Call me shallow, but I would never buy a bass that makes me vomit every time I look at it.

5. parklife101

parklife101

Jun 5, 2008
    Well I love the sound, and persoanlly I think its a beutiful bass. I am just concerned about long term quality. If these basses are so good sounding and cheap as they are, why isn't traben competing along the lines of Ibanez(beside cosmetics) there must be something I'm missing here. I just wanted to hear opinions. I have watched videos, looked up the bass pretty good. Just making sure, this will be my first five string.

6. mellowgerman

mellowgerman

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    I haven't played one yet, but i have always thought they look kinda cheesey to be honest. the only one i think really looks appeal is the john moyer model. still not really my style, but it does look like one bad mutha...

7. 0175westwood29

0175westwood29

Sep 16, 2007
    +100!

tho the bassist for disturbed's sig is nice

8. To be honest the company has not been around all that long, so that haven't been able to build the reputation that some of the other companies have....

I currently have a obsession 5 string on lay-a-way at my local Mom and Pop music store....the owner is also a bass player and went to a recent NAMM show where he actually tried out several models and ended up ordering several.....he has since sold them all sans two of them...a Array Special edition (blackout) and the obsession 5 that i have on lay-a-way...

to be honest i like odd basses (I own ESP and B.C. Rich) the bridge seemed way over the top to me as well, however after playing one and hearing it i was sold regardless of what it looks like....it does active and passive both, and the Rockfield pups really pump out the tone

the neck (At least on the model i have on hold) is very fast and articulate and does not seem overly chunky for a 5'er and the way it comes equipped can't be beat for a mere $500.00 bucks...i like it as well or better than my ESP F 404 which actually cost more....go figure

Hit up TB user Darth Strike i think he actually own three of them!

most important thing is does it sound, lool, and feel good to you? if so buy it and to hell whith what the rest of us think!

below are a few threads already posted on this subject!

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=467403&highlight=Traben

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446152&highlight=Traben

http://www.trabenbass.com/

9. parklife101

parklife101

Jun 5, 2008
    Any feedback on slap and pop on the bass? I did a little bit, but I'm not that good. I found tapping extremely awkward.