What do you think of Tye Zamora from Alien Ant Farm?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by brianmc, Dec 15, 2001.

1. brianmc

Jun 7, 2001
    roswell, nm
    yes, what do you think. personally i like him alot, anybody that has or has had a Primus coverband gets big props. i dig the band alot and i get to go see an aaf concert next week for one of my birthday/christmas gifts (b-day: Dec 17th). its gonna be cool. i am wondering though, who knows a bunch about the band and all. i dig the bass lines on alot of songs and if you havent heard the cd then go download S.S. Recognize. good song, thanks

2. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Now, I'm SURE this has been discussed before.

I think he's fun to watch, and he's a good bass player as well. I'm not into AAF's music though.
  3. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    He´s cool, but shouldn´t this thread be in Bassists?
  4. Wow! my sister's birthday is december 17th too!

But anyway Tye Zamora is a good bassist, he plays in a good band, and he is good at hitting those high "Oooh-Nooo"s in smooth criminal :D So in other words, he's good.
  5. You want to know why they suck? cause they're SPORTS METAL!!

Yep for the record i hate sports metal, just another limp penis or CoRn band.

6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Yup. Headin' up to Anus & Assanova's corner of the world. I really need to get those "G" and "C" keys fixed. :eek:
  7. I really don't think they sound at all like Korn or Limp Bizkit. How so do you think they are similar?
  8. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Would you call it...our little hole in society? :rolleyes: :D
  9. I agree completely. Personally, even though they aren't technical, KoRn still has the energy and presence in their music. It's got beat, drive, emotion, and a unique style all of it's own.
  10. I'm not saying I worship Fieldy, it's just that music is about expression, and i don't consider whipping through all of the modes in 3 seconds to be very expressive. Possibly impressive, but still.
  11. Ermm the sports outfit was a bit of a giveaway....

12. All I've heard is 'Smooth Criminal' which is a fair forgery of the Micheal Jackson original, but if it were me I definately wouldnt want my breakthrough song to be just a cover of someone elses.
  13. brianmc

Jun 7, 2001
    roswell, nm
    they are fairly technical i believe, have you guys heard any of their first cd, greatest hits? its really good and it shows skill. i think that they actually heald back more on the new one. and whats this about sports metal? they are sports metal because of the clothes they wear? then right now im an underwear model and halloween i was a monkey. yeah, the whole thing about them breaking with smooth criminal kinda sucks. their first single was actually movies, which didnt do that well but was getting a bit of a buzz on radios and then smooth criminal came out and it was everybodies favorite song and all that now they are trying to support the rest of the cd by rereleasing movies.

14. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    their first single was actually movies. if you guys want to hear some more from aaf check out this song. i think its a tad bit stupid to say a band sucks because that person personally likes sports. i myself dislike sports, what does that have to do with music.
  15. Actually, they didn't want Smooth Criminal released as a single until they had already released 3 other singles, but the record company pushed it without asking their views on it first.
  16. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    They sound like funky, rocked out emo, in my opinion. The bassist is decent.
  17. Haha!

but still, i agree that the clothes they wear don't define their band.
  18. What idiot said that they sound like KoRn? Ugh. Korn are actually good, not GREAT, but better than the average she ite. AAF are not Nu_Metal, they're not even metal, they're just rock. Not Rock and Roll, just rock. Give em a break. I LURVE the album, I agree that it is a little restrained, but hey, its not as if its rubbish.

19. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    Alien ant farm do really rock.
    The music they play is a mix of punk/funk/angsty rock.
    i like em ;)
    Attitude is also fun to play!
  20. I'd hate that. I'd hate to be known for doing someone elses song if I had good ones of my own, especially if it was against my will. Their version of 'Smooth Criminal' is pretty cool, but it must have been a bit of a gamble releasing a cover of a song thats off the second biggest selling album of all time.