1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What do you think of Washburn basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stefean, Aug 6, 2007.

1. stefean

stefean

May 18, 2007
    I thought about getting a 6-string Washburn after seeing Peter Steele sport his M10. What do you all think of Wasburn basses?

2. optikhog

optikhog

Apr 2, 2007
    St. Peters, MO
  3. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    I have the xb 102 [non bantam] (Don't bother trying to look it up on their site, they are discontinued). It's a P/J and sounds rather nice. But the P could use more definition, so I just use the J in the brigde position, eventually I'll be getting a jazz bass of some sort.

4. Qvist

Qvist

Jul 20, 2007
    Denmark
    I got a Washburn X120b, and for it's price, you can't complain about it (2800dkk = 500 USD$ (basses are more expensive in Denmark than the US, so US price might be about 150 or 200 $ cheaper). It's an excellent cheap bass, great soapbox pickups and a really comfy thin neck! and it plays what you want it to play (really loud too, even on a 100watt amp 15"), not sounding like total crap, what more could you ask for for that price?

5. Nighthawk551

Nighthawk551

Jan 3, 2007
    Indiana
    Sweetwater Sound
    My first bass was a Washburn XB100. It was a pretty good P-Bass copy and served me well while learning to play. The neck was very nice, and it was very light.

6. JRMK

JRMK

May 28, 2007
    Because of my poor finances I'm currently playing Washburn XB-400 bantam (made in Japan) which I bought used for 200 euro, that is less than 300$ and for that price I haven't seen any better bass yet...
    It is very solid and feels great, also sounds very good unplugged as it's well built and it's nice piece of wood but pickups are rather crappy/// all in all - good axe especially for the price;)