1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

what do you think of zoom pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by therex, Jul 17, 2007.

1. therex

therex

Jun 24, 2007
    lima
    are they good i mean they got like 50 effects and are no so expensive the last time i listened to one it sounded really cool but i want to hear your opinions

2. I have owned a 607 (I think thats its number) with expression pedal for bass and a 505 for guitar. Both have been pretty good, well built, not too bad sounding units :)

3. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    They are cool for the price and in my humble opinion make a great practice tool or headphone amp but I think single effect high quality pedals are the way to go if you want to start a collection of really sweet effects with mojo!

4. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    There are a number of threads on Zoom multi-effect units. I have been an advocate of the B2 since I got mine last fall. I'm quite happy with most of what it does. The compression is not as good as a good pedal but the overdrive on the amp models is really impressive, the EQ is quite decent, the delays are great, and I really like the filter as well. I've been somehow biased toward analog pedals by a lot of the others here at TB but I think that's superstition :p . I think I may prefer analog modulation effects but I'm not too crazy about modulation anyway. So, yes, Zoom makes nice little units with impressive features that are quite affordable. If I had the money to get anything I want I would probably get higher end equipment but I certainly don't need to.

5. BassMan250

BassMan250

Jan 26, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I love my B2, although I usually use it more for amp modeling and EQ'ing than effects. That being said, the amp modeling is excellent IMO, most of the effects are great (especially delay, filter and phase), and like Swift said best of all it's great with headphones. It falls a bit short with compression and the synth effects, but the limiter is quite decent. Overall, awesome value.