Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What do you think you do best????

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Sep 7, 2002.

1. Play da bass!

29 vote(s)
    43.3%
  2. Some other thing tha none of us really cares about.

38 vote(s)
    56.7%
  1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    I was thinking the other day that I don't think there's a single thing in life I do better than play bass. I was curious how many people feel the same.

I know this can get complicated and philisophical (ie. I can speak, breathe, walk probably beter than play bass) but you know what I mean.

Do you think you're best at bass, sex, carpentry, cooking, billiards, butterfly catching, etc?????

2. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    You know, I kinda agree. Bass is one of my defining characteristics, something that when people ask what I do, I say I play bass(hence the member name). I think bass is one of the things I do really well.

3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Hey, could one of the moderators fix the typo in the poll - "tha" to "that". Can't edit the poll for a reason I'm not sure of. Thanks. You can delete this response after the edit also if you want.

4. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I dont do much else besides play bass.

Peace
    Nick

5. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I play THA bass!!!!!!!!!
    but I feel I´m good taking pictures too, not digital, normal film pictures......

6. Im a skilled bassist, i like to help young and underrated bassist, i teach them technique mostly just because i like it. I don't get any profit or material benefict doing it, but it's feels great!

Many people know me because of that, but my skills on computers is far more legendary :p

So, i think im a better computer geek than bass teacher.

EBP

7. camoe

camoe

Sep 7, 2001
    Lafayette, CO
    the thing I do best is make other bass players look and sound better than me..;)

Peace

8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    bass, now that i think about it. i might not be that good, don't know, don't care compared to other people, but out of what i do, i guess I am the best at bass, as compared to the rest of the stuff i try.

9. i'm known to most people as "that fat, red haired bass player"

when i play some of my stuff to people they are normally quite speechless (most of them have never heard REAL bass playing tho) and the more musically experienced people are normally very impresed

plus i pretty much suck at every thing else so i'll have to say i play bass batter than i do anything else in my life

l8rz

Tom

10. Much as I'd love to say I play the bass best, most people know me for being a smartass in school, so I guess my intelligence is greater than my musical ability. And even within music, I'm probably better on the piano than the bass.

11. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    -I do well at Med School
    -I consider myself a good bassist
    -I like to take photos (but my equipment is bad)
    -I photoshop stuff
    -I speak Spanish, English (MY ENGLISH OWNZ! LOL) and French (a little)

those are my "talents"... any interested ladies around? ;) LOLOLOL

12. punkfunkfreak

punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    art
    music
    computers
    literary *poems, songs, theorys*

13. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I play bass poorly, but I can write. Well enough that I'm being looked at for some college scholarships.

14. Funny enough I'm more comfortable as an artist than I am a musician. :confused:

15. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    - achieving "squatter" status in the Ivory Tower :D

- bein' anti-social (oooh..tsk tsk :rolleyes: )

16. What I do best is probably something intellectual, but I can't think of it now, ah the irony. I play hockey better than I can play bass, I am better than most people at hockey, though a lot worse than some.

17. what i do best is what i do for a living : computers

18. im one of those looser kids who cant do anything worth while...

I can be philosphoful, and i cant even spell it, and even that I suck at.. Oh well..

Life goes on :) :(

19. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    definitely bass

with computer stuff in second place

20. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    I change alot, right now bass is probably the best thing I do.