Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What do you think...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by west*coast*bass, Sep 30, 2005.

1. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    I have a G&L 1000 that was autographed by John Entwistle which includes a hand drawing of Boris The Spider. The bass was signed at a B.A.D.D. (Bikers Against Drunk Driving) concert.

I'm just curious, what do you guys think it would be worth? I can't imagine that it would be all that important unless someone is a huge Entwistle fan (which I am one of) but do you think the signature adds greatly to the value of the bass?

I know it's a very subjective issue, but I would like to know what many of you think.

Thanks,

Mark

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Have you anything to prove the authenticity? A photo of him signing it or anything? If so, there may be some added value, but if not, as far as a collector's piece, I wouldn't think there would be all that much, if any added.

3. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    I don't, the bass was given to me as a gift. I have other autographed stuff from him and the signatures all match. I'm not looking to sell it, I was just wondering if anyone thought it had value.

Thanks for your input, I appreciate you taking the time to chime in.

Best to you.

4. yeah, if there is no way of proving that he signed it himself, then it might be a little hard to determine any extra value.
    just a thought

5. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    I can't comment on value, but that is a sweet bass. I used to own a black L1000...they're grrrrreat.

Marshall

6. I don't think, but anyway, you can try to sell it for more and if you have a huge fan, that's allright for you!

7. Sako

Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    There are companies that specialize in autograph authentication.

For example, I was at an art auction the other week which had a framed golf magazine with Jack Nicholas on it and was autographed by him. The starting bid was $400. The company that guaranteed the authenticity was PSA DNA. I can't remember if anybody bought it, but $400? Geez.

8. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Thanks for that info, I will contact them.