What do you think...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by west*coast*bass, Sep 30, 2005.

1. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    I have a G&L 1000 that was autographed by John Entwistle which includes a hand drawing of Boris The Spider. The bass was signed at a B.A.D.D. (Bikers Against Drunk Driving) concert.

I'm just curious, what do you guys think it would be worth? I can't imagine that it would be all that important unless someone is a huge Entwistle fan (which I am one of) but do you think the signature adds greatly to the value of the bass?

I know it's a very subjective issue, but I would like to know what many of you think.

Thanks,

Mark

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Have you anything to prove the authenticity? A photo of him signing it or anything? If so, there may be some added value, but if not, as far as a collector's piece, I wouldn't think there would be all that much, if any added.

3. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    I don't, the bass was given to me as a gift. I have other autographed stuff from him and the signatures all match. I'm not looking to sell it, I was just wondering if anyone thought it had value.

Thanks for your input, I appreciate you taking the time to chime in.

Best to you.

4. yeah, if there is no way of proving that he signed it himself, then it might be a little hard to determine any extra value.
    just a thought

5. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    I can't comment on value, but that is a sweet bass. I used to own a black L1000...they're grrrrreat.

Marshall

6. I don't think, but anyway, you can try to sell it for more and if you have a huge fan, that's allright for you!

7. Sako

Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    There are companies that specialize in autograph authentication.

For example, I was at an art auction the other week which had a framed golf magazine with Jack Nicholas on it and was autographed by him. The starting bid was $400. The company that guaranteed the authenticity was PSA DNA. I can't remember if anybody bought it, but $400? Geez.

8. west*coast*bass

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Thanks for that info, I will contact them.