1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What do you think?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Ron Now, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    I am currently in a band that tunes F, Bb, Eb, Ab, Db (I'm playing a 5 string Ibanez ATK or a Dean Razor Neck-thru, Just tuned donw really low with really high action) And once I get some $$ in my funds I am going to get some properly gauged strings to string up one of them for proper use.

However my current problem is to either keep with the F-Db tuning or going a step lower from C-Ab. Despite tuning as low as we do we do alot of improv (I especially like playing around in the higher octaves) However I was thinking that if I put the Low C on there it would keep me from noodling around too much and helping me to keep the low end while the guitarist are up screwing around in the higher registers.

Yeah, I am not sure if it is just I am bored and want to think what anyone else thinks about this idea whether it would be a good idea or would that low C be to the inaudible range
    (btw I use 8x10's with a 400w H&K Head so it drives enough power for the application)

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Can't hurt to try it. I know Jauqo III-X and Garry Goodman use those notes. You will need some specially built really thick strings to pull it off properly, but I see no reason not to try it.

3. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals

Ive found the strings, It's just the matter of whether if it will make a loud enough sound (the F is already pretty gut moving as it is)