Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What do you think?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by count_funkula, Dec 20, 2001.

1. What do you think about this color for a Jazz bass? I'm thinking maple neck and pearloid pickguard.....

2. notduane

notduane

Nov 24, 2000
  3. Yeah, need to know what the body is like. Cause the pick guard may clash.

4. Ok, that was dumb. Here it is.

5. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Thumbs up for the color combo. Inca Silver and Shoreline Gold are my favorite solid finishes.

6. I really like that color. I like their lake placid blue a lot also.

7. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Cool color! I would go with a white pearloid pickguard, a maple fretboard with block-style fret markers and all chrome hardware -- very classy.

8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I've seen an Inca Silver P-Bass w/a black pearloid p/g & it looked AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Inca Silver is one of my favorite solid colors, also.

9. Freakapotamus9

Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    Nebraska
    just what i was thinking

10. inca silver is as rad as your dad, get that with the white perloid. thats what I would do. I saw a guy that had that once, it looked pretty fresh.

11. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I've got a Jazz that same color. Mine has a black p/g on it. But I like the pearloid better, especially with a maple board.

12. Go with the flow, white perloid. Man that thing looks like it was carved from a solid piece of Platinum. Beautiful. You scored well on this one.

Rock on
    Eric

13. rickreyn

rickreyn

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    As soon as it's yours, you'll immediately wonder if the you should have gotten the other color! Natural wood grain eliminates this problem.

14. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    oooooohhhhhhhh silver.I like.Get a gold pearloid(is that made?) or white pearloid pickguard.

15. Wow, that silver color is beautiful! The maple neck and pearloid pickgaurd would look awesome. I couldn't think of a better looking combination.

16. No if it's inca silver get a brushed silver pickguard or clear mirror although i prefer brushed

17. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    I have an Inca Silver P bass and the black moto pg looks really good against the silver.

18. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    I vote for black or black pearloid.

19. Love the color!Either the black or the pearloid would look sweet on her.:)