Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what do you think

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rock bassist 81, Jul 19, 2002.

1. What is your opinion on the best bass ever made?

2. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    what's my opinion on the best bass ever made? i'd hafta say my opinion of it would be pretty good, if it was the best bass ever made.

3. i ment what is the best bass ever made...

4. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    thought you'd never ask.:D well, it's only an opinion, but i'd say fender jazz.

5. I completely agree, but it would have to be the American Deluxe Jazz Bass FMT. Juat to be a little more spacific...

6. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    never really played any other kind of jazz than the standard jazz, so that's all i know about, but i'll be sure to try one out soon. goin to buy a new amp real soon, so i guess i'll jsut try one out then.

7. what kind of amp are you thinking about?

8. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
  9. as for amps, i don't know much...all i know is that tube amps give you the best tone, so that is what i got. But out of the 2 that you thought of, i would think that the SWR LA-15 Bass Combo would be better for the price. the other one only has a 12" speaker, compared to the SWR 15" I think that you would have better tone with the larger speaker. ;)

10. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    best bass?

i have done a image search with google and this is the first pic i have found. so this is the best bass:

[​IMG]

11. Skorzen

Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    Depends on how you define tone. I know many people who avoid 15s because in general they tend to not have a very good high end, and I don't think most tweeters can make up for this. In my opion the 12 is the best of both worlds, decent lows, but the highs are still there.