1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

what do you think

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sephuk, Apr 19, 2010.

1. sephuk

sephuk

May 14, 2007
    what pedal do you think is used to stutter the bass at 2:54 on this don caballero track? Somebody i spoke to reckons its a boss dd-3 i think? someone else thinks its a line6 dl-4 which made more sence to me as it has tap tempo to change the rate quickly.

heres the linkage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o_C9n0mh_M the stutter is at 2:54

2. zipflint

zipflint

Sep 25, 2005
    Spartanburg, SC
    I have absolutely no idea, but I'd never heard of this band before. Thanks for the link. This track sorta reminds me of Boards of Canada meets Tortoise, and that's a good thing.

3. sephuk

sephuk

May 14, 2007
    Hope you enjoy!

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I'd guess a fast square-wave tremolo.

5. sephuk

sephuk

May 14, 2007
    yea? such as? id have thought boss delay or the dl4 because of the hold function on the DD or the loop on the dl4? it sounds more of a sampled sound to me rather than the ring out that a tremolo would have even tho the overdrive that it has on it would stop that a little

6. flapbass

flapbass

Sep 20, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    saw these dudes a few years ago live: Damon Che had the crappiest drumset i'd see in a while, it was a beat up Black Pearl Export, he had a big gulp of Jolt cola and they just smoked their set. these guys were so good. the bass player was using a boss delay for the stutter effect at the time. it was a dd-3 or dd-6 i think.

7. sephuk

sephuk

May 14, 2007
    thanks flap you may have just solved a mass-debate!