What do you use for Drum Loops?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bobbykokinos, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Is there any free or cheap software out there good for pluggin in drum loops and recording a bass part on top of them? I'd like to start recording some grooves but can't find anything that fairly cheap. For instance, I've downloaded a bunch of free drum loops and samples. I'd like to plug them into something, record a bass line, and practice soloing on top of it.. Any ideas??
  2. I use a program called Fruity Loops or the drum machine on my Zoom effects pedal. I think you can get Fruity Loops for about $50 these days.
  3. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Fruity Loops Fruity Loops!!!! All the way :smug:.

4. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I use a beat box...
  5. I tired the demo of fruity loops and for some reason it doesnt detect the line in of my sound card..
  6. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    I have fruity loops too. you can have it if you want (seriously, just pay me for the shipping). I'm too stupid for it, so i went out and bought a DR880 which is awesome. I love playing along with it.
  7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    If he doesn't take you up on that, I will!
  8. I PMed him, but I'll let you know if I dont..
  9. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Then you guys could just wait until the NYC GTG and exchange it right there so no shipping. :)

(Just trying to help.)

As far as free drum programs, check out http://www.threechords.com/hammerhead/introduction.shtml .
  10. Johnny Fila

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    whomever. it's just collecting dust here.
  11. PC Drummer is very limited but it sounds pretty good for what it does. You can find a free demo on the pc durmmer site.
  12. Johnny Fila

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    given away to bobby kokinos.
  13. Thanks again!! I owe you one!
  14. Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY

I've been using Hammerhead Rhythm Station for the longest time. I LOVE IT!

There is a free looper out there called AmbiLoop.

15. fastplant

Sep 26, 2002