1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What do you use for drum tracks?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BigDanT, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Unlike some people who use garage band and ez drummer, I use my keyboards to program drum tracks. what I usually do for when I record music is that I prerecord drum tracks on my keyboards and record though my tascarm recording mixing board simply by playing back the recorded drum tracks on my keyboard. after that, I record the rest of the instrument and vocal tracks and then export the tracks on my computer. from there, I use my recording software to mix and master the tracks of the songs that I recorded and once that's done, I export the song into an mp3 file and everything is done. this is a system I always do when it comes to home recordings.

2. 4StringsEnough

4StringsEnough

Mar 9, 2008
    Check out the new Korg KR Mini. It sounds like just what you're after: a simple, no-frills, cheap drum machine. Even has a built-in speaker so ideal for practice.

3. BigDanT

BigDanT Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    That Korg KR Mini looks pretty interesting and it looks like it only costs about 100. Does it sound realistic at all or is it pretty synthesized?