What do you use to get the N.I.B. sound?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Greenantgods, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Greenantgods

Oct 18, 2004
    could someone direct me in a pedal/pedal board to get a sound close to that....fuzzy and wah? thanks
  2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Rust Ride, normal setting with the neck pickup soloed and the tone rolled off. Pretty damn close to my ears. Ditto for my DOD250.

I'm sure my Blueberry could get pretty close, but solid, subtle overdrive is what it excels at, not buzzy quasi-harsh overdrive like the Rust Ride.
  3. jpo259

Feb 2, 2005
    Corona, CA
    The Line 6 Bass POD XT has a factory preset called NIB. With a little EQ tweaking to give it more low end and balls, it SLAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn, it's fun to play that tune with a tone almost exactly like Geezers'!!! People in the crowd dig the hell out of it, too!!!
  4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I can get pretty close with my BSW and Bass Driver.

FWIW, I like the Live Evil tone better.
  5. Geezer originally played this on a P-bass through an old Marshall 4x12 guitar cab with only three speakers, one of them being blown (or something like that). That gave him that unique, now classic tone.
  6. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I use the Sabbath1 preset on my Nightbass SE processor. Like was mentioned with the POD, a little EQ and I'm all set!

I think for getting it on the cheap try a Digitech Bad Monkey. With a little tweaking I'm sure it could pull it off. BTW, here is a link to a before and after sound sample that Sgtthump put up: http://www.chrissnider.net/temp/bm_bass1.mp3
  7. Corwin81

Mar 18, 2003
    Ames, IA
    I read somewhere that he hated that sound, but cranked his amp just so he could hear himself.
  8. Ironically, he became famous and admired for that sound! :bassist: