1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What do you want to see from Eden?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MuthaFunk, Mar 30, 2013.

1. With Eden being bought out by Marshall recently, the question has come up with what can they do to bring Eden back to our stages? If reports online are any indication, Marshall seems to be doing the Eden name justice with regards to customer service. The reputation for customer service was all but destroyed in 2009/10. It's amazing how long a poor reputation will stick with a company if they are not attentive to their customers needs.

With that being said. What are customers needs today? The introduction of the WTDI was the last innovative thing Eden did and that was pre Marshall buyout. IMO the WTDI is a fine product at it's price point. What else could Eden bring to the market?

IMO Eden really needs to address all their old fans with a new light weight alternative to the WT series. I personally would be happy to pay top dollar for a genuine WT550 or WT400 Preamp with a nice 800 WRMS light weight power amp in a WTX500 sized chassis.

I own the WT400 and WTX500 and both are fine amps I'd like to see the virtues of both combined in the same amp with lots more power.

What would you like to see from Eden?

2. - They need to keep their top end line and their budget line clearly distinct. They used to do this with the Nemesis range but now I believe it's all under the Eden banner.

- Neo cabs.

- A small footprint quad box. like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQuLy71Ux1LNZz8aQHgFphoE3rmNc3RAZUUr-tCY88PIAQKPrf.

The form factor makes heaps of sense. People need height and not width. Amps are no longer 19" wide.

3. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Id just like to see them make rock solid 550s and 800Bs and provide great service, and bring the 115T and 410T back, which i always though sounded better than the XLTs.

A neo range voiced like the T series would be killer.

4. Sonicfrog

Sonicfrog Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Fresno, CA
    Eve to throw the apple back at the snake and say "Oh No You Don't"!!!!!!

Oh.... Wrong Eden!

Never Mind! :bag:

5. Interceptor

Interceptor Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2005
    Madison, WI
    Another vote for a top spec 550 and 800 together with great service.

6. EmptyCup

EmptyCup

Feb 25, 2013
    Nashville Area
    Quieter fans. I have an E 300 for practice, granted it’s the bottom end of their line (and I think it sounds great for the price), but the fans on my LH 500 are whisper quiet. The E 300 fans sound like a wind tunnel in comparison.

If Hartke can do it at this price point, Eden should also.

P.S. Hartke customer service top notch. Every company should care this much about their customers.

7. Eden tone, GK weight.

8. datsaxguy

datsaxguy

Oct 28, 2008
    Maryland
    I want a WT800 micro amp. Something around the size of a shuttle 9.0 or GK MB800 but still has the tone of the World tour series. Their lack of product in this market has me looking to GK because the WTX does not sound like the WT800, wT600 etc., shuttle series is just not my flavor, and the GK seems to be the closest candidate.

9. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    I wouldn't call it "recently" as it was a couple of years ago, but this exactly what I'd like to see. A WT-400 sound in a light high-power format, to compare with the GB 900 watt series.

And a big part of the Eden sound I'd the XLT cabinets. Those in a lighter and more portable design would be great. A vertical arrayed 2x12, or a well designed, specced, and executed true 3- way box too.

John

10. CElton

CElton I'm a new note finder...

This, and shave 5 to 10 pounds off and I'm in.

11. jdwinva

jdwinva Supporting Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Leesburg, VA
    Eden's quality went out the window in the last several years. Reliability is king in this business. These are simple business fundamentals. Quality product + great customer service = happy customers.

12. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I would like to see a lightweight WT800 and WT550, hell, even a 2 channel lightweight head similar to the 1205. And maybe some *good* lightweight cabs.....

I have had no problems with Eden's quality----I've been playing (and gigging very steadily) Eden gear for quite a few years now. I had an '08 WT550B that I ran into a D410XLT(4) and a D210XLT(8), and currently have a WT1205/D610XST setup----maybe I'm just lucky, but none of it has given me so much as a hiccup.

13. What makes you say reliability is still out the window. There's a few threads all over the net on Eden quality and from what I've been able to tell, their hasnt been many quality issues over the last 3 years. Since the Marshall buyout customer service has increased as well. Which, in keeping with this thread, is what I wanted to see from Eden after their fall in the mid 2000's.

14. lowmid1

lowmid1 Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    They should bring back the factory service and factory upgrades like eden did years ago. That way if you have a problem, it can be easily resolved and you don't have to take your chances with iffy local repair shops! Also, bring back US production (ducking)!

15. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    WT550 features and layout with switchmode PS upping the ante to 500/800 at 8 and 4 Ohms, with the lower weight.....and
    top shelf CS like GB.

16. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    Agree with JTE on the lighter weight XLT cabs. One of my fav cabs ever was the 210XLT - but at 70 pounds - bad on the back!

17. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    That's right. Eden had some serious quality issues for a period right after U.S. Music bought them, but things seem to be back to their previous quality now.

18. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

Marshal bringing a brand back on its feet. Lol, may I say.

19. I'd like to see a simpler/cheaper version of the Navigator preamp without all of the bi-amping and return/send options. I love the Nav, but it has features I don't believe I will ever use.

20. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    Move everything back to Minnesota.