What do you wish existed?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DoctorZee, Sep 3, 2020.

1. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Kiesel will make you several different models in any color you can dream up.

MCF likes this.
  2. Don't give up on powered PA cabinets. Some of them work quite well for bass guitars. I have a pair of Turbosound Milans that I use. I scratched off buying a bass amp.

Dave Neal likes this.
  3. Lagado

Lagado Inactive

Jan 6, 2020
    I would like to see a unlined fretless training bass, that would encourage good intonation. The bass would have a conductor in the neck, that would administer a small electric shock when the pitch is played too many cents sharp or flat. Then I would like to see the guys who claim you shouldn't look at the neck, and that you don't need lines, to play it.

I'd like to see that, go large or go home I say...

mr80htz likes this.
  4. mr80htz

mr80htz

May 15, 2018
    3 pedals.
    A) and envelope filter and sub octave double pedal
    B) a compressor with an EQ
    C) a digital and analog delay double pedal

Dave Neal likes this.
  5. A time machine.

Vinny_G likes this.
  6. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    Happiness.

7. theduke1

theduke1 Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Sussex WI
    More gigs
    That is all!
    Duke

8. Your Uncle Al

Your Uncle Al

Jul 26, 2017
    dogs that could understand human speech.

9. Outbush

Outbush

Nov 6, 2016
    Australia
    Our dog does.

when it suits her:roflmao:

tony caskey and Vinny_G like this.
  10. gebass6

gebass6 We're not all trying to play the same music. Supporting Member

A copyright on Fender body style.
    So that there are not hundreds of Fender copies in front of my eyes.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2020
    Vinny_G likes this.
  11. PWRL

PWRL

Sep 15, 2006
    A music player with an intelligent volume control. You would choose a master volume and the player would analyze record levels on each song so you wouldn't have to turn up really quiet music and then be blown out of the water by the more modern recording which comes up next on your playlist.

tony caskey likes this.
  12. Dincrest

Dincrest Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    More wishful thinking...

I'll +1 anyone who said they'd like to see more mid and upper tier 24-fret basses with fully passive electronics. I prefer the no-muss no-fuss simplicity of passive, but need the full two octave neck for some of the music I do. And the only 24-fret passive basses I seem to find are entry-level, bottom rung, basses.

More basses like the Schecter C-4 Apocalypse, Carvin/Kiesel LB20 (which seems to be discontinued), PRS SE Kingfisher, and those few others I'm forgetting please.

My main bass is a 24-fretter I had a luthier "de-active-ate" for me and its tone improved dramatically.

tony caskey likes this.
  13. PWRL

PWRL

Sep 15, 2006
    I've been very tempted to convert my Streamer to fully passive, so I understand where you're coming from.

tony caskey likes this.
  14. Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    @PWRL
    I once had a late 90s German-made Corvette Standard (bubinga body, wenge neck, brass Just-a-Nut 1) that I had a luthier de-active-ate. I had him swap out the active MECs for passive Seymour Duncan STK-J2s and a passive setup. OMG, the tone improved a bazillion fold! It was big, bold, throaty, growly, and just plain awesome! The organic low end that was missing just blossomed.

I always felt like the active MEC pickups and preamp just sounded artificial and very plastic with the harsh peaky highs and not enough booty lows. But with the Duncans and a passive setup, I didn't have to do much at all. I could keep everything flat and it always sounded amazing.

It was easily one of the best sounding basses I ever owned, I gigged/toured up and down the US east coast with it with raucous punk and metal bands, and I felt like if anything bad were to happen, a drunken fool's skull would take more damage than that Warwick would. Thing is, the ergonomics were never right for me and I ended up selling it to a jazz student who's easily a better player than I and totally pampers that bass.

tony caskey and PWRL like this.
  15. Vinny_G

Vinny_G

Dec 1, 2011
    Neustria

16. tony caskey

tony caskey Bassman club 192 Supporting Member

May 31, 2019
    OKC,OK.
    Mike Lull, maybe Sadowsky, used fender deluxe jazz

17. Wish you were Mr. Peabody and you'd have both!

18. Can I get a +1 on post number 381, please? LOL

Dincrest likes this.
  19. Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Ha ha, I did "+1 anyone" since I assumed there were more of us out that with that same wishful thought :)

But, yeah, when it comes to mid to upper-mid tier 24-fret 4 and 5-strings that are fully passive (basically, the kinds of basses we seek), Schecter's C-4 and C-5 Apocalypse basses are the first to come to mind: Apocalypse Series

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021