What do you wish existed?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DoctorZee, Sep 3, 2020.

1. fourstr00

fourstr00

Mar 21, 2002
    Chicago Area
    6 string P basses

High end instruments without active electronics

A three or five way switch instead of a blend knob

Wireless electricity

TH63, diegom, Plectrum72 and 5 others like this.
  2. ✅And another TB favourite- a Jazz Bass that sounds like a P Bass.

Dino78 and diegom like this.
  3. A wide leather strap with a built in heated, vibrating shoulder massage.:thumbsup:

4. Seashore

Seashore

Jun 2, 2019
    An instrument cable with right angle jacks that didn't wear out and die on me

Blankandson and arnoudfaber like this.
  5. A passive Fender 5 string Precision with 16.5mm string spacing.

Beej likes this.
  6. 2F/2F

2F/2F

May 26, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Radius smaller than 7.25 inches, off the shelf or as a standard option from neck builders.

Frets skinner than, but also taller than, 6230s, in stainless.

Licensed, CNC-based extra long scale, and short scale, scale conversion necks for Fender basses.

Staggered 1/4 Lb. Jazz Bass and slab P Bass pickups on the standard production line.

Every flat poled Jazz Bass pickup model available with staggered poles as a regular priced option (like Fralin and Wilde offer).

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    Pazelaya93 and mikewalker like this.
  7. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    A bass case that when I opened it, discovered hundreds of stacks of $100 bills wrapped in stacks of 10,000. Turns out to be millions. Then I would go on to spend my time inventing cool bass stuff.

8. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    I wish Sterling by MM would make a short scale left handed bass. I love the MM sound but they only make right handed short scales.

mikewalker likes this.
  9. A mass produced JPJ bass; like those Urge basses from the good ole days.

10. southpaw723

southpaw723

Oct 20, 2013
    Pittsburgh
    Full range tone knobs on lefty basses and guitars

dr doofie and mikewalker like this.
  11. This is no more "bass related" than it's guitar, keyboard, drum, etc. related, but...

I've occasionally thought it'd be nice if recorded music was distributed (with playback devices available) so that you could isolate separate "tracks" from the recording process. So the "default" playback setting is that you hear the whole song as the band and producer intended, but... if you just want to hear the bass by itself, or just the bass and drums together, or just the piano, etc... you open up a menu on your phone or tablet or laptop that's connected to your "CD player" and you tick the check box(es) next to the "instrument(s)" you want to hear, and when you hit the play button, it only plays back those selected tracks from the recording.

Shalto, McTred, Pazelaya93 and 9 others like this.
  12. Oh, and [not assuming your gender preferences] audience members that get the hots for bass players. Kinda like "groupies", but with the ability to see past lead vocalists and guitarists.

mikewalker and equill like this.
  13. JeezyMcNuggles

JeezyMcNuggles Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2018
    Santa Maria, CA
    I suck, but nobody really notices
    A 500w pedal AB amplifier, with a built in compressor. Okay, 300 would suffice.

Oooo, with a built in load box.

In fact, why don't manufacturers just stick the load box on a switch, and build them in to full size sleds anyway?

mikewalker likes this.
  14. IamJohn

IamJohn

Nov 26, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI
    • Detuners on headless basses. I think steinberger made some, but I haven't seen anything like it on more modern iterations.
    • 5 string dimarzio model p
    • More options for balanced tension string sets in weird size (kalium is the only place I know of)
    • A nut that can be swapped for a different one easily to make down tuning easier. Probably could be done with a Warwick just-a-nut, but I haven't seen it be done
    • A consumer plek-like machine for fretwork
    • Standard graphite stiffening rods and mm style truss rod
    • Black hardware as a selectable option on fender products...come on guys.
    • Legitimate music lessons in school standard. Basic music theory should be treated like a foreign language class.

diegom and mikewalker like this.
  15. mrm56

mrm56 Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2013
    heart o texas
    great old tube/valve manufacturers of old.

that's what i wish for...

amper, JeezyMcNuggles and mikewalker like this.
  16. A tab and lyric site with no popup ads, directly linked to the songs in Apple Music (or equiv)

17. equill

equill

Nov 25, 2010
    Madrid
    You mean like low-self-discharge batteries? We already have them, and in a standard format. These aren't your father's NiCad cells with a memory format.
    Maha, Tensai, Tenergy, and Ansmann make these in various markets, even if Eneloop don't. Just make sure you get the 9.6v version, not the 8.4v one.

I'm starting to feel like a broken record here, but people keep pretending these things don't exist.

Pazelaya93, Guild B301 and mikewalker like this.
  18. equill

equill

Nov 25, 2010
    Madrid
    Only for bass?

19. Mili

Mili

Nov 14, 2015
    A VERY BAD PLACE!
    A pair of gloves that keeps my fingers warm while i can feel the strings %100.

McTred likes this.
  20. blastoff

blastoff

Sep 5, 2007
    way out west
    a society that cares about and invests in music education, and performance.
    a type of EMP weapon that only affects DJs

hollowman, Bluesbob, McTred and 12 others like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021